221956 Bullies, 4167 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to www.myprotein.co.uk

You can buy powdered carbs on there if that's your bag.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:25am

Style: Kempo Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the powder for those occasions when my calorific intake from regular meals wont keep up with the energy I need to train on.

There are a number of different brands. Many of them contain added extras like Guarano and caffeine or Creatine. The amount you will need to take means that you dont want to be involuntarily taking on Guarano etc at the same time. I like these supplements but I have mine in seperate preparations so I can control how much I take.

Consequently I recommend you buy a pure 100% complex carb like this-

http://www.allegromedical.com/dietar...g-p216484.html

If you want to try Creatine I find it particularly good for speeding recovery during high training spells. However you need to read about it first.-Eg dont mix it with fruit juices and manage your preload/maintenance properly and every couple of months take a break from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_supplements

Lastly I would suggest you take protein as well. If you have plenty in your system your body will have it's building resources ready.

http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/pr...FQuHlAodnAEpQQ

I reiterate you are looking at going in very hard-You need to do some research and make sure you profit from it and don't wind up hurting yourself.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this amount of training is taking a toll on my body and getting injured is one of my biggest concerns. In the past I have trained in such a high intensity but never over such a long period of time (training camps usually last not longer than 5 days).
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 1:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Do I need a new diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Right now I eat what ever is available and don't give much thought about what I am eating, except for McDonalds and such burger stuff (I only eat BurgerKing *G*).
    The answer, based on that, is "Yes."

As far as supplements, "tips", and "hints" go... think of your diet as a house. Your house is falling apart. There are holes in the walls and roof and damaged supports.

Taking supplements = putting in a hot tub.
    Tips and hints = paint and wallpaper.

What I'm saying is that you need to look at things structurally. What you eat, what's in what you eat, how much of it you eat, and when you eat it. What you do (physical activity), how much you do, when you do it. How you feel throughout the day. Any health concerns you may have (diabetes, insomnia, anemia, etc).

You need to knock that bitch down and build a new place from the ground up, not just redo the bathroom.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 1:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The level of strain you are going to be putting on your body is easily quadrupled what you are putting it through now.

Be prepared to spend more money, dovetailing into your previous thread, on things like tape, ice packs, doctor's visits in addition to increase in food and nutritional supplements.

The reason cheap food is cheap? They can mass-produce it with lower quality items for more people. The reason good food is more expensive? They actually put more time and effort into it, hence more labor and manhours.

It is also why cheap food is unhealthy. It tastes like **** so they mask it with salts and sugars.

Are you going to take a test run, in Germany before travelling to the US, with this new schedule? I would advise it and keep a diary of how often you get hungry and work your meal schedule accordingly.

Just like you will need to have a training schedule you will need a meal schedule as well. Like some of the other posters suggested SUPPLEMENT (not replace) your meals with the items they mentioned (protein powders, carb powders, creatine powders) to have along with a well-balanced, nutritional meal.

A place like Burger King once a week or once every other week is fine as a treat or as a cheat, but eating there often isn't advisable.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 4:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is a misunderstanding here, I was saying that I don't think about my eating habits that much but I know that stuff like McDs and such is "not the best way to go". I eat there maybe once a month. Mainly because the food makes me feel like crap for the rest of the day, slow and weak. (And the people working there are not able to take a simple order, but that is a different issue)

As for the rest, I will see if I can come up with a well-rounded, balanced diet plan.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12