Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 4:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nihil... good points... I must think them over... its raises a lot of questions....ummhhh..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 6:22pm

Style: Thai boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HEMP IS THE NUMBER ONE biomass producer on planet earth: 10 tons per acre in approximately four months. It is a woody plant containing 77% cellulose. Wood produces 60% cellulose. This energy crop can be harvested with equipment readily available. It can be "cubed" by modifying hay cubing equipment. This method condenses the bulk, reducing trucking costs from the field to the pyrolysis reactor. And the biomass cubes are ready for conversion with no further treatment.

Hemp is drought resistant, making it an ideal crop in the dry western regions of the country. Hemp is the only biomass resource capable of making America energy independent. And our government outlawed it in 1938.

Remember, in 10 years, by the year 2000, America will have exhausted 80% of her petroleum reserves. Will we then go to war with the Arabs for the privilege of driving our cars; will we stripmine our land for coal, and poison our air so we can drive our autos an extra 100 years; will we raze our forests for our energy needs?

During World War II, our supply of hemp was cut off by the Japanese. The federal government responded to the emergency by suspending marijuana prohibition. Patriotic American farmers were encouraged to apply for a license to cultivate hemp and responded enthusiastically. Hundreds of thousands of acres of hemp were grown.

The argument against hemp production does not hold up to scrutiny: hemp grown for biomass makes very poor grade marijuana. The 20 to 40 million Americans who smoke marijuana would loath to smoke hemp grown for biomass, so a farmer's hemp biomass crop is worthless as marijuana.

It is time the government once again respond to our economic emergency as they did in WWII to permit our farmers to grow American hemp so this mighty nation can once again become energy independent and smog free.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 10:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hemp is a great plant that has stupid baggage attached to it because of the politicized "war on drugs". Just regular hemp, not pot, can't even get you high anyway.

Tomatoes and Potatoes have Nicotine. Fat and grease... makes you fat and can give you heart disease. Nobody rags on that! Thousands die because of car crashes... *crickes chirp*.

We drive massive SUVS while the rest of the world goes on making cars with freaking BREMBO BRAKES that stop on a DIME, and putting AWD on damn near everything, but we're happy to drive a big ass RWD machines meant for farmers and people who actually tow **** or offroad as a daily driver, that are dangerous as hell.. and nobody complains about that.

We really do have odd priorities.
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 11:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All your arguments are irrelevant.
    As the US dollar continues to fall, importing MMA products from the US will get cheaper and cheaper for me.

My girlfriend can't argue with me when I say. 'but honey the new Frank Shamrock series is like 100 cheaper than if I had of ordered it 6+ months ago!)

THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT MY FRIENDS!
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FoM illustrates my point about monetary exchanges perfectly.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 12:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always glad to help....and buy more DVDs....
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Not remotely funny

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the biggest growth in economic terms isn't in manufactured goods, but in services (which include finacial and tourism). Currently it is technology which is seen as the driving force in economics and for the west it is demographic age which is the biggest concern. The other problem that america is facing is the refusal of several countries to recognise american patents and active leaving the GAT accords, India being a prime example with regard to pharmacuticals. Interestingly, before you deride India for this, this is exactly what america did earlier on it's history with regard to European patents...

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Actually, the biggest growth in economic terms isn't in manufactured goods, but in services (which include finacial and tourism)."

In the MDCs, right?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12