Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 7:24am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toby,

How do you feel about sleeping? And going to the bathroom? Can you start worthless, inane posts about those too?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Christensen
    If the alternation of legs goes past a certain speed it is termed "running" which is divided into "sprinting" and "long distance"
    When you walk at least one foot is always in contact with the ground.
    When you run that is not true.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 7:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Of all medicines, exercise is the best and of all exercises, walking is the best"
    Ben Franklin, futurist, Founding Father and academic. Was apparently 93 at death in a short-lived age and advocated an early form of suspended animation.
    He lived to 93 because he fucked tons of French chicks, not because he "walked".

fucking 'tard.

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 8:03am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You meet interesting people on walks Yes but they get to meet you if they don't see you comig and hide Toby, do you think that is a fier exchange?and become better at navigating and the lay of the landHow dare you refer to Lily in such terms, I should horsewhip you sir. In gyms, you wander around avoiding shortarse muscleheads and preening women.

Plus using a stroller does not count.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone that finds weight training borring is lifting pink dumbbells for 15-30 reps and doing nothing but curls, ie: they're doing it wrong.

This is another self righteous psuedo-fitness bullcrap tangent spat out by people that for some reason are opposed to weight training. I don't know when these groups developed, but I have a feeling that the mentality began sometime when skinny kids with pocket protectors were shoved into their lockers by football players. These skinny kids went to school and got degrees in all the exercise sciences, and they learned the "right" way to workout, even though they never broke a 200lb squat or could run a sub 6 mile if their life depended on it. Meanwhile, the "meatheads" that only ever lifted weights and ran, and never knew the science behind functional training on a bosu ball or how much better walking is over running, continued to make stellar gains and excel in all manner of athletic endeavor. Those poor, uneducated fools.

Furthermore, the argument presented here is a total farce, as it presents us with false dichotomy. That you can either walk outside, or you must absolutely positively have to train with weights in a gym. Nevermind the fact that I have a powercage, bench, 3 barbells, adjustable DBs, 700lbs of weight, chains, bands, and boards inside of my basement right now as I right this. Nevermind that the only creepy guy in my gym is me, and that I have a policy that anyone caught curling in my powerrack will be shot on site. Nevermind the fact that I have to deal with more weirdos when I go outside of my house to go for a jog than when I stay in my basement and lift without anyone bothering me.

Summary for those with short attention spans: Shut the **** up and squat.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 10:29am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Anyone that finds weight training borring is lifting pink dumbbells for 15-30 reps and doing nothing but curls, ie: they're doing it wrong.

This is another self righteous psuedo-fitness bullcrap tangent spat out by people that for some reason are opposed to weight training. I don't know when these groups developed, but I have a feeling that the mentality began sometime when skinny kids with pocket protectors were shoved into their lockers by football players. These skinny kids went to school and got degrees in all the exercise sciences, and they learned the "right" way to workout, even though they never broke a 200lb squat or could run a sub 6 mile if their life depended on it. Meanwhile, the "meatheads" that only ever lifted weights and ran, and never knew the science behind functional training on a bosu ball or how much better walking is over running, continued to make stellar gains and excel in all manner of athletic endeavor. Those poor, uneducated fools.

Furthermore, the argument presented here is a total farce, as it presents us with false dichotomy. That you can either walk outside, or you must absolutely positively have to train with weights in a gym. Nevermind the fact that I have a powercage, bench, 3 barbells, adjustable DBs, 700lbs of weight, chains, bands, and boards inside of my basement right now as I right this. Nevermind that the only creepy guy in my gym is me, and that I have a policy that anyone caught curling in my powerrack will be shot on site. Nevermind the fact that I have to deal with more weirdos when I go outside of my house to go for a jog than when I stay in my basement and lift without anyone bothering me.

Summary for those with short attention spans: Shut the **** up and squat.
    Totally agree, besides i fucking love lifting weights.

Walking is for fags.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 11:09am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enjoy being weak.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Of all medicines, exercise is the best and of all exercises, walking is the best"
    Ben Franklin.

Truly, this looks like a man from whom I would take fitness advice.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 11:20am

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Pulls out El Macho whistle*

You're telling me a fat dude that died years and years ago, with no legitimate degree in exercise science, biology or chemistry and no video evidence of any of his feats is right about a type of exercise that fat people do all the time that don't do jack?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course Ben Franklin walked.....it's not like he had many frucking transportation choices outside of a horse or his own feet.

goddamn 'tard.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast