Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2008 1:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    BJJ is all about slow but steady process. I think of it like a tree....

That is actually a really good analogy. You just made it into my journal.

Congratulations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 1:12am

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And some people have massive redwood type trees, and other people get bonsai trees.

(no homo, just in case)

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My training day just got a lot fucking worse after I heard that Alliance will have compulsory belt testing from now on. I guess they are worried about losing seminar money with black belts becoming increasingly common outside Brazil or something.

Yes, you have to be invited to the test, but still. You gotta pay, that's the point. And apparently there will be self defense techniques you have to know too. WTF?

What's next? Stripe testing? .. ****. I'm pretty fucking pissed right now. First step on the slippery slope etc.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:36am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went through a slump that lasted 11 months. 11 months! The entire time I never lost focus on what was important, keep training.

No matter how much you think you suck, don't stop training.

Eventually I came out of the slump. Shortly thereafter, I got my purple belt.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 7:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About training highs and lows.. Almost all of my bjj training has been a low. I started a year ago. I've been injured several times. Nothing drastic, but multiple two-three week long periods of down time. I've been sick like 5 times this year, took a 3 month thesis break (which helped with the small, recurring injuries) and got a year old kid which keeps getting in the way of my training too. Kid I don't mind, other reasons make me a sad panda.

In short, I'm the guy that talks a lot and trains semi-regularly once, twice or even three times a week and is then gone for a month.

Only lately I'm finally feeling I'm grasping the basics so that I'm not actually learning everything from scratch each and every fucking session. Most of my sparring is still pretty much zero tactic and all reaction even though I try to go in with specific moves in mind.

This Wednesday I actually felt comfortable on the mat with a couple of white belts.. First time in a long while. I executed sweeps that resemble something we've been taught and actually pulled off triangle chokes a few times. I still suck at all aspects of the game and spend most of my time defending in inferior positions, but at least not so much that I can't do anything against other white belts.

I'd love to train more, but life is what it is. BJJ is too much fun to quit but few times a week every now and then is all I can manage for the next couple of years. Sucks :( Here's to winning the fucking lottery.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 8:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recently I actually stopped in the middle of a roll amazed that a sweep worked exactly as shown

Training is just experimenting until you get it right

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 8:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Recently I actually stopped in the middle of a roll amazed that a sweep worked exactly as shown

Training is just experimenting until you get it right
    Been there. Every time I see anything done perfectly I get a huge grin on my face, even if it's done against me. If I manage to do it myself.. well, a couple of times I've been so amazed I lose all focus and get submitted quickly. Good execution of a technique is a sweet, sweet, sweet thing.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 9:00am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked on nothing but a baseball choke *from under sidemount* for a week. It was great because not only did I have to get the choke set up from guard, but then I had to go completely against my normal gameplan and intentionally let the other person pass my guard.

When it started to work it was like waking up on christmas morning to find hot asian triplets wearing nothing but big rred bows over their boobs waiting for me under the tree
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 9:09am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    Good execution of a technique is a sweet, sweet, sweet thing.
    It's like crack, but healthier. Once you've done it, you can't get enough.

Personally, I live for well executed sweeps.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    I worked on nothing but a baseball choke *from under sidemount* for a week. It was great because not only did I have to get the choke set up from guard, but then I had to go completely against my normal gameplan and intentionally let the other person pass my guard.

When it started to work it was like waking up on christmas morning to find hot asian triplets wearing nothing but big rred bows over their boobs waiting for me under the tree
    I lurve the baseball choke, especially the gi version. But I don't hit it from bottom unless I'm starting on my feet. I don't know why, I'm just not comfortable starting it unless I'm jumping guard. Oh and I never jump guard when I start from my feet cause I'm a wrestler, so basically I never use this except when in top side control. Pointless post FTL. Sorreh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast