1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    University of South Florida
    Posts
    621
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My JV Wrestling Matches

    YouTube - My first win

    My First Win

    This person had no business on the mat in the condition he was in. His conditioning was so poor that he was gasping for breath and groaning in pain even after the very sloppy knee-pick takedown I got on him.

    YouTube - Another Match

    Another one of my JV wrestling matches.

    YouTube - Tough Match

    This kid was stronger than me, I have no idea how I ended up winning. I am in the blue singlet.

    YouTube - Last Match of the Season

    Both me and one of my team mates made it to the finals of a small JV tournament. I am in the white singlet for this one.

  2. #2
    partyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,584
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was that Rampage Jackson commentating that match?

    "STAND UP! GET UP! JUST STAND UP!"
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    koko
    Posts
    1,704
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In terms of the last match, if you try a head and arm like that against someone good you will find yourself launched through the roof. You have to commit to the throw from the beginning, pop your hips (which should be lower) in right away rather than just sort of stepping in, and really try to take his head off rather than sort of cradling it as you twist and turn with your back to him.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    University of South Florida
    Posts
    621
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    In terms of the last match, if you try a head and arm like that against someone good you will find yourself launched through the roof. You have to commit to the throw from the beginning, pop your hips (which should be lower) in right away rather than just sort of stepping in, and really try to take his head off rather than sort of cradling it as you twist and turn with your back to him.
    Trust me, i know that. I wrestled with the guy the previous day during practice, and I knew I could get away with it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    koko
    Posts
    1,704
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. A win's a win.


    You should work on not standing up so straight, and keep your elbows in more.


    Haven't watched the other matches yet due to my super-slow connection on this laptop.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    University of South Florida
    Posts
    621
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    Fair enough. A win's a win.


    You should work on not standing up so straight, and keep your elbows in more.


    Haven't watched the other matches yet due to my super-slow connection on this laptop.
    Those matches took place a little over a year ago. I have gotten better since then. :badgrin:

    Thanks for the advice though.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    koko
    Posts
    1,704
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Preparing for the up coming season then?
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    University of South Florida
    Posts
    621
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    Preparing for the up coming season then?
    I train in Judo now. So naturally, my throwing technique has improved greatly. As for the up coming season, I have my hands full in college right now, so I barely have enough time to attend practices. Tournaments were always a lot of pressure for me anyway.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    810
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalmike235 View Post
    I train in Judo now. So naturally, my throwing technique has improved greatly. As for the up coming season, I have my hands full in college right now, so I barely have enough time to attend practices. Tournaments were always a lot of pressure for me anyway.
    Where at for judo?

    I heard that Gracie Tampa north has a judo guy come in once or twice a week, but I haven't heard of any new pure judo schools popping up around the Fowler/fletcher area near USF. Is there a Judo club in USF?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO