Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 1:58am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One of my matches from 2008

If you remember, I was the kid who signed up as "INDIVIDUAL" with nothing much other than 6 months of Judo twice a week, black belts in Hapkido, and about a year of self-training specific to pankration. I didn't have much in the way of sparring partners except my friends who were also self taught, and a junior college wrestling coach. I posted here about it when I joined, and everyone railed on me. I was like, Omega wtf?

More recently I've had the honor of kicking Sirc's balls at his gym. (My current pic) Somehow I still haven't met him yet.

Anyways, this is what it looks like. This was my consolation semi-finals. I lost my first and last matches to the same guy, a BB in JJ.

This was my very first full-contact anything.

As you can see I have weird habits like dropping my guard way low, slapping away kicks that was result of this tournament specific training. Lets not get into leaving chin open, footwork, etc. Its 5 years ago. Its not much to watch. A lot of leg-kick pain and how the **** did I not get choked out. I just remember not having any air but having bloodflow for a good minute or so.

Anyways, this is what a HKD black belt might look like if he went to my school.

I think I won with like 15 points or sometihng like that. Leg kicks and sub attempts don't count. He got a point for the takedown, and I got all my points from punching him.

Believe it or not, this is actually the fight that made me realize I'm not much of a fighter. I felt a lot of remorse through the whole thing. I had a few chances to land something really hard and I hesistated. When he got back up, I told him he should give up. I didn't want to hurt him anymore. After this I did a few more kickboxing matches and an exhibition to show off my school's kickboxing team, and today I'm done competing in any sort. I still train though at Mike Bell's gym in Orlando.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 2/04/2013 2:16am at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 2:05am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found the exhibition videos

skip the first half

Last edited by dwkfym; 2/04/2013 2:33am at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms