Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed^^^^^^^^

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 12:20pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jheers11
    i would agree there is some good tkd and it is portrayed badly from true old school tkd but i dunno I still think there are superior fighting styles like muay thai, jiu jitsu, judo.
    Are you lost?
    Stay out of here unless you have something constuctive to say. I'm not going to bother commenting on how useless that post is.

If you need direction, take those styles and rank them, and explain and justify yourself. What style do you represent and why is that style t3h d34dly and superior.

Have you learned nothing from lurking here? TKD is not sacred. It is oftentimes not even good. We all know that. But to parcel it all together in such a generous blanket statement.

The OP wrote something, and referred to an article, repleat with 1 punch kills, and kicking and breaking MT leg kicks. This was a gift, something that you could really get in call BS and start a dialogue that you could dissect, tear apart, critique with all your experience and wit and humor, and the best you could come up with is in its disstilled essence...

TKD sucks.

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Agreed^^^^^^^^

And you Mr. hoodedmonk. Stop encouraging him.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 12:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny thing is, to prove their "strike to kill" ideology they introduced the board breaking. And I am not talking balsa wood here but pine tree 1,5 inch thick
    And I can tell you (or better the dents and bumps in the bone of my forearms and shins can) that there are a few people out there who take this "block to break" not literally but try to hit close to home. Looking back it is maybe not the way to train and our trainers should have known better but well this happens when you train with the police and people who like it rough.
    We try to train all, Olympic and "traditional" (more like KKkarate) and we also have some of the old SD curriculum (with throws and a few ground technique) did the training "softened"? maybe but some of the old stuff was just plain ridiculous and I am glad we don't do it any more. (My knees are)
    Last edited by M.C.; 8/27/2008 12:56pm at .
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 1:04pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA
    And you Mr. hoodedmonk. Stop encouraging him.
    But.........But.................... ok!

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TO HAVE NO LIMIT AS A LIMIT

thanks for the posts....

the videos are a pretty good illustration of some of the points that were being made by my original posts....

the kicks used in these videos are fast, powerful, and difficult to stop. and, even if you do block one of these strikes...it will come as a cost. there aren't any dropped hands nor do they stop after throwing a single strike.....

as for the concept of one strike, one kill....it has been documented...one example;

Choi Baedal, Korean who immigrated to Japan (Also Known as Mas Oyama in Japan).....he would demonstrate his ability by fighting Bulls....in some instances he would kill A BULL with one strike...

look it up...

Do I think that everyone can achieve the same level of Mastery....Absolutely NOT!

But should a Martial Artist strive to attain the highest level....ABSOLUTELY!

TO HAVE NO LIMIT AS A LIMIT. - Bruce Lee (Jeet Kune Do Founder)

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maui_artist

Rarely do I see a trained FIGHTER these days.
    Which brings me to another point about kicks. Like these Muay Thai vs. TKD videos I see.

Why doesn't some TKD fighter just use the ball of the foot and break the leg of the other guy? It's not that hard to do......and that's from personal experience on the street.
    I have a nagging premonition that you might get to see both of these points tested REAL SOON! If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen!

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TO HAVE NO LIMIT AS A LIMIT. - Bruce Lee (Jeet Kune Do Founder)
    Wait a minute. Just wait a cotton pick'n minute.
    You have TKD in your style, come in all gang busters - and deride the plight of modern TKD.

Bla... bla... this and that and then you are about to lead members here to the most ancient of d34dly traditinal TKD (Circa mid 1980's).

Where men were real men, where there were fighters as far as the eye could see, and that MT fighters ran for cover from 1 punch kills, blocks that maim and from leg breaking TKD kicks.

And then you go and spout Bruce Lee, talk about Mas Oyama and throw it all away.

You were going so well!

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you try to break the leg of somebody with the ball of the foot (traditional Dollyo chagi) you encounter several problems.
    1) you will be slower
    2) lose reach
    3) YOU WILL VERY LIKELY BREAK YOUR FUCKING TOES (definitely when he blocks/checks that kick)

So yeah go and try it, been there done that, I'm cured. I know for most of the stuff if it works or not and I am all for TKD kicks when it comes to kicks above the waist level but below the MT roundhouse is just the thing to go with, you say otherwise I say you are an idiot and a moron who will break his feet when spar against somebody who knows how to check low kicks.
    When wearing construction boots this is a new issue and it will work great, I also tried that ...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 3:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    \Choi Baedal, Korean who immigrated to Japan (Also Known as Mas Oyama in Japan).....he would demonstrate his ability by fighting Bulls....in some instances he would kill A BULL with one strike...

look it up...
    He's right! They made a movie about it so it must be true!YouTube - Karate Bullfighter

So a karate fighter can kill a bull with one strike, therefore TKD is awesome!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast