Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

General thoughts on Baguazhang?

Was just wondering BS's thoughts on Bagua, (why aren't there any sparring videos?) and what they think of the system. I've found most teachers are complete garbage and most names you first come across with regards to it ("Dr" Painter for one) are simply ridiculous.

I've searched BS, and while I've seen random posts about it here and there, or in reference to one "Novell Bell" (Oh boy) but I don't think I've seen a thread just about the art and what people thought about it.

Newbzor out.:binkybaby

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 11:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ParryPerson
    Was just wondering BS's thoughts on Bagua, (why aren't there any sparring videos?) and what they think of the system.
    There are videos. Not many but they exist.

I've found most teachers are complete garbage and most names you first come across with regards to it ("Dr" Painter for one) are simply ridiculous.
    You base this on what exactly?

I've searched BS, and while I've seen random posts about it here and there, or in reference to one "Novell Bell" (Oh boy) but I don't think I've seen a thread just about the art and what people thought about it.

Newbzor out.:binkybaby
    If taught correctly, it is a good art.

*watches intently as hand hovers over flush button*

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny that yet another internet unknown steps up to the plate and makes statements that would make educated people weep.

If you have never met the man nor studied the system how can you make such assanine statements?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 12:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    There are videos. Not many but they exist.
    I'd like to see these, if at all possible, I *thought* I searched well enough, I guess not.

You base this on what exactly?
    This, to me, seems "ridiculous". Its claimed that
    Li Ching-Yuen, was born in 1677, survived twenty-three wives and died on March 5, 1933 at the age of 256 years.

http://www.zubeco.com/gotukola/lichingyuen.html

While maybe this happened, it's not just this that doesn't add up, Tim Cartnel proved he was lying about his linage, and there were photos with his "Master" that looked awfuly photoshopped, which were taken down quickly thereafter. He has videos of him moving people with his "chi" which he called "intent" on youtube, and when asked about his "DR" title he had this to say,

"I studied Naturopathy and earned my Ph.D. based on a focus of Chinese medicine most notably Acupuncture. Like it or not the diploma hangs on my wall and I have a legitimate right to use the prefix of Dr. or suffix of Ph.D. on my name."

Thats odd since Acupuncturist are D.O.M.s (Doctor of Oriental Medicine) not PHD's. He's also been taped stumbling in demos.

So to me that seems "ridiculous". He seems to have "something" though.

If taught correctly, it is a good art.
    Good! What would one be looking for in terms of "correctly"?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 2:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting you study Fu style and don't know?

How about you tell me and we can discuss this on equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by ParryPerson
    I'd like to see these, if at all possible, I *thought* I searched well enough, I guess not.
    We'll see after, you tell me what this thread is about.

This, to me, seems "ridiculous". Its claimed that
    Li Ching-Yuen, was born in 1677, survived twenty-three wives and died on March 5, 1933 at the age of 256 years.

http://www.zubeco.com/gotukola/lichingyuen.html
    *Looks at title*
    "General thoughts on Bagua"

Hmmm, okay what does he have to do with your thread?

While maybe this happened, it's not just this that doesn't add up, Tim Cartnel proved he was lying about his linage, and there were photos with his "Master" that looked awfuly photoshopped, which were taken down quickly thereafter. He has videos of him moving people with his "chi" which he called "intent" on youtube,
    Links please? I remember those photos. Still, is this a thread on Baguazhnag or a MABS thread on Painter?

and when asked about his "DR" title he had this to say,

"I studied Naturopathy and earned my Ph.D. based on a focus of Chinese medicine most notably Acupuncture. Like it or not the diploma hangs on my wall and I have a legitimate right to use the prefix of Dr. or suffix of Ph.D. on my name."

Thats odd since Acupuncturist are D.O.M.s (Doctor of Oriental Medicine) not PHD's. He's also been taped stumbling in demos.
    Okay then start a MABS thread and prove this out. You asked about Bagua and why you can't find videos.

So to me that seems "ridiculous". He seems to have "something" though.
    Okay, again what is your focus? You want comments on Bagau but, you point out two specific controversial names.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to do some better research than to just google something about the legendary founder of the system that even we do not know if he actually lived that long or not. Does not factor into the system being effective nor Dr. Painter, as you mentioned, having something.

Acupuncturists are not called OMD or DOM in some states of the US but rather licensed acupuncturists (Lic. Ac). So that theory just wilted in the sun for you. Again maybe you should do more leg work before you call out people and call them names but then rebutt that saying they have something. They either have something or not. Usually not both.

Again for the upteenth time. You want to say something about someone you should seek them out and get a very hands on direct experience with the person when they are as open as Dr. Painter, myself and any of the instructors in the Jiulong Baguazhang Assocition.

I have an open door policy. Come visit and see what you think.

So rather then waste your time making off hand remarks. Why not visit Dr. Painter or myself or another certified instructor in the system and see what it entails.

that would be the educated thing to do before stating poop about peoples skills who you have never met nor felt for yourself. Photos have nothing to do with skills.

be well, train hard and heal quickly

Dale Dugas

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 9:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My purpose in creating the thread was just to have a Baguazhang thread, mods may delete any and all reference to anyone they thought I was "slandering". Not everything is a conspiracy. Dale: Searching any previous threads I have posted in and trying to flatter me will not work. :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 10:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you delete things. No one said slander.

If you have questions about John painter start a thread.

If you have a question about Bagua leave the unnecessary stuff out.

Sociocidal sociocider

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 10:35pm

Style: Currently a SAMBO newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it seems Parryperson wants a lineage war?

You are definetely framing it that way.
    Last edited by Ian G.R.; 8/19/2008 10:39pm at .
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 10:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you misunderstand his motives.

I know when I ask questions, I make sure two infer people are ridiculous. [/sarcasm]

You are right there is no conspiracy, you made a definitive statement about someone's quality of Bagua.

I've found most teachers are complete garbage and most names you first come across with regards to it ("Dr" Painter for one) are simply ridiculous.
    Then you said:
    While maybe this happened, it's not just this that doesn't add up, Tim Cartnel proved he was lying about his linage, and there were photos with his "Master" that looked awfuly photoshopped, which were taken down quickly thereafter. He has videos of him moving people with his "chi" which he called "intent" on youtube,
    Seriously, what did you expect?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast