Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here an example of when the military reacts incorrectly

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK... I'll reread (my reading comprehension is always the best) but they missed the diagnosis, and assumed a previously compitent decorated soldier had gone bad when he infact was suffering from an illness..... shades of a "Few Good Men"....

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 11:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he realized what was happening.... Again, maybe I am misreading, but He is so sick he now doesn't know whats going on and is probably going to die.....Its sad.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is twofold:

1. Mental "problems" carry an irremovable stigma.
    2. Culture assumes "shamming".
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 12:12pm

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I gotta disagree

Whether he didn't come forward or not (there are boatloads of reasons why he wouldn't, not the least of which, he must've been scared sh*tless), it's an extremely rare disease.

It would've been pretty damn low on the list of things for any doctor to diagnose.

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 12:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was at 2ID a soldier had pneumonia for two months before he finally was diagnosed and treated. He was treated as a repeat shammer down at the TMC. They couldn't figure out why he kept coming back, and wasn't getting better.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Working my way back to health

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Injury magnet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Military medical people ...some are good but many (more than civilian practice) they really are not good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2003 3:18pm

Style: none yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do military doctors tend to assume that people fake illness to get out of the army? You see that in a lot of movies and TV shows when there is a draft, but there isn't one now

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 6:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised at the suggestion that he contracted CJD because of something he ate in Afganistan. In the UK (where we've had wide experience of BSE and CJD) its believed it takes in the order of a decade for the symptoms to appear.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 12:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do military doctors tend to assume that people fake illness to get out of the army? You see that in a lot of movies and TV shows when there is a draft, but there isn't one now.
    Doesn't have anything to do with a draft. More often they figure you're just doing it to get out of a day's work.