Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    Is that the place where they teach you how to make balloon animals?

Sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:06pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMSpirito2 View Post
    It's not a pyramid scheme. It's a proven system that's worked for over 15,000 high school and college teams nationwide.
    Well, now I'm convinced. Who do I send my credit card information to? :bs:

People don't have to buy any crap and there's no "sob story" involved.
    And I could not buy crap and not listen to sob stories without getting a third party involved.

We write and design professional letters that athletes send to their friends and family.
    I know my own friends and family well enough to not be shady about asking them for money.

I guess you can look at the e-mail you got as spam, but at one time or another someone entered it on our site, and we make it very easy to unsubscribe.
    Well, that's a very Clinton-esque wa to admit you're sending spam mail.

I understand some things are too good to be true, that's why this isn't for everyone, and since there is no money due upfront, we don't make money unless the team does.
    You know, you should really work on that whole "Not making honest posts sound like pyramid scheme chain mail" thing.

If you have any issues you can call me personally on my cell at 781-844-2264, Nick. (And if it makes any difference I've been doing BJJ for several years)
    I would love to, but bait and switch and prostitution are both things I'm not trying to get involved with right now.

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still haven't heard from any of you. Pretty ignorant of you all to keep talking crap about a company that you obviously know nothing about. Keep hiding behind those user names tough guys (Lysol...).

Seems like none of you know about e-mail marketing either. Someone left their email on our site, it goes into our database, you received an e-mail. If you don't like receiving e-mail(s) there's an "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom to opt-out.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 1:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still haven't heard from any of you. Pretty ignorant of you all to keep talking crap about a company that you obviously know nothing about. Keep hiding behind those user names tough guys (Lysol...).

Seems like none of you know about e-mail marketing either. Someone left their email on our site, it goes into our database, you received an e-mail. If you don't like receiving e-mail(s) there's an "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom to opt-out.
    Your fund raising "service" is not worth the effort it takes to contact you. Any high school or college athletics team can create letters and send them out to friends and relatives without your help and sacrifice nothing. You aren't adding any value to the process here.

Normal Process:
    1. Write Letter
    2. Send Letter
    3. Profit!!!

Your Process:
    1. Hire Company.
    2. Get letter from previously hired Company.
    3. Send Letter.
    4. Split Profits with previously hired company.
    5. Profit minus money paid in step 4.

You're claiming that somehow the profit in the final step of your process will be greater than the profit in the final step of the normal process. Do you have any actual, verifiable data? What are the names of some of the school clubs you've worked with before so that we can contact them and see how satisfied they were with your services?

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 2:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know anyone can come up with a letter and have their team/group make a list of people to send them to asking for a donation. Some benefits to MSD include:
    -No money due upfront. If you did this on your own you'd have to invest the money for materials, printing, and postage.
    -We allow donors to use their credit card. After doing this for nearly a decade and processing over 100,000 credit card donations, the average credit card donation is more than double that of a check ($68 for CC vs $32 for checks). This allows for a much higher profit.
    -Every who receives a letter, regardless if they donate or not, has access to out discount database. To show you guy this is free, unlimited, and for real, here is the actual link: https://www.donatetomyteam.com/pop_coupons.php?p=1
    -We have a profit guarantee to prevent teams from losing money. They way it works is if you raise anything less than double our Program Fee, we split all collections 50/50. I know this isn't great, but let's say you invest $1,000 doing this on your own and only collect $700, you're out $300. With us, if your Fee is $1,000 and you only collect $700, you keep $350 and pay us only $350.
    -We do all the writing an designing for you, allowing you to concentrate on practice, HW, partying, etc. All you need to do is approve it before we print. And of course you can change it to make sure it's exactly as you want it.
    -We can set it up so you don't even have to do the actual mailing. Each athlete goes to the team's website we set up and punches in their potential donors. We 100% respect everyone's privacy and never sell/use the names, we don't even save them.

Some club teams we've worked with include U. of San Diego Men's Club Lacrosse, U. of Northern Iowa Club Baseball, Fresno State U. Club Hockey, U. of Central Florida Wrestling, West Chester U. Men's Rugby Club, Illinois State U. Wrestling, U. of Connecticut Club Field Hockey, U. of Georgia Men's Club Wrestling, Utah State U. Club Baseball, Purdue U. Men's Water Polo, Appalachian State U. Club Lacrosse, U. of New Hampshire Club Ski Team, and the list goes on.

Like I said in my first post, I understand this isn't for every team/group. Just don't bash something that you don't know everything about because you received an email you perceive as spam.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 2:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the conditions are as described above, and I see no reason to believe they wouldn't be at this time, then this seems like a perfectly useful service and I see no reason why any club wouldn't look into it as part of their normal fund raising activities. There is now a list of organizations here that you can contact if you are interested in finding out how well it worked and if there was any trouble or complaints about it.

On the surface it appears to be a very simple business model that would work well for small, risk averse clubs. It might not be as useful to large, well established organizations which already have the resources to create their own mailings, but I know many small clubs that would love to have a chance to have their letters designed, printed, and mailed and a shot at raising some money without any risk.

My personal opinion is not to dismiss it out of hand. Contact some of the other clubs that have used it and take a look.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 2:41pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds fair enough to me. Dude has a good idea to turn a buck helping you turn a buck. Wish I'd thought of it first.

As everyone says, yes you could do the leg work on your own, but will you? Unlikely, or not as effectively. These guys do the work, and split the $. Sounds perfectly fair, TBH.

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick is not being totally truthful in what he tells you. My team did not make enough of a profit for him so they wanted to see the mailing lists. I sent them and heard nothing back from them for over a month. I called them since they did not contact me, talked to Allison C., she said she didn't receive the lists but she would check and get back to me. Again no contact from them for over a month. Next thing I know I have a collection agency calling me at home, at work, on my cell phone. Mysportsdreams refuses to talk to me know because they turned everything over to a collection agency. They refuse to tell me what happened to the money that was donated online (about half of the money was donated online and half sent to me as checks). I would not use this company if I were you.

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Track22, I am being 100% truthful. The reason we are having issues is because we did not receive your Mailing List Worksheets. As I told you, we are not LEGALLY allowed to talk with you once the collections process has begun, as is the case in any industry. I also told you that the credit card donations your team received are in your account, and will factor into the 50/50 split of our Profit Guarantee. Please do not publicly bash us due to your lack of understanding.

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 2:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No lack of understanding, I did my part. When Allison asked me to send the mailing list I did. SHE did not contact me after that. After waiting over a month I called her and she said she would check on the mailing list and get back to me. Over a month later she still had not contacted me and a collection agency started calling. Tell me what you don't understand about that. If your company had done their part and returned calls none of this would be happening. You are trying to blame the lack of communication by your company on me. Go ahead, clear up my understanding, why weren't my calls about the mailing lists returned.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast