Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Style
    Judo/JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

voice of experience here

What I would like to tell (though already told) :
    DONT underestimate your average thug on the street !!
    I say this because I had to fight a thug, who bullied me with no reason other than that I cursed him, which did not really happen.
    He attacked my, though I forget to use my super deadly skills from WT, I managed to keep him at bay due to my punching skills (yes, thank you kickboxing).
    People who happened to be around, who again was not fully cognizant of the real state of affair, only saw that a 6foot1 inch guy was being screwed by a 5 feet 9 old fella.
    So it was not the end
    They held me, these SOB's held me. Only after then THUG who was in apparently in love with me managed to hold and squeezed me.
    Since I forgot to use my deadly chi sao skills I was definitely out of breath but at the last minute succeeded in stomping this guys left feet and bit him on his shoulder.
    I know I should not be telling this but only by biting him I got rid of him and began with my usual punching..
    All in all I am 100% sure that your fella would have more difficulty than I did for he lacks the sparring I have had (and needless to say r3al deadly skiils of Yip Man :) )
    Dude I fought was a taxi driver and physical labour in construction stuff, he was strong as hell.
    Open your eyes and do some kickboxing, MT or whatever will make you train alive.
    Au revoir
    Last edited by reindo; 8/26/2008 12:10pm at .

Style
    TKD, MT, KEMPO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    I know of people who've never formally trained a day in their life who'd kick the ever living **** out of 99% of the posters on the site. And yes I'm including a few of the amateur fighters in this list.

Some people are just fucking hard, and you never know if you're gonna drop on one of them. So you're better off steering well clear any kind of fight. Even if you do TKD. Tell your "friend" that...
    I'll have to second that. Some people can just fight, just like some people can run fast. Remember the clip of the skateboarder cracking 4 punks at once? I remember a guy in high school that crushed to guys in a matter of seconds in a free for all, one with a flying knee that he improvised. No training, except for two months of TKD years before, and he did no TKD when he fought. He was just athletic as hell, and kept very calm when he fought.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wanna know how a Taekwondo man would do against a thug? Watch this:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59379

In this case the "thug" is actually a dude, but you get the point.

Style
    SAMBO, jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment

wow, that was bad. An embarrassment really...:seppuku:

Style
    elbow smash
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer733
    Cause it uses both hands and legs. He said any martial arts using those 2 are good. Is this true? Is this actually true? O.o

Also, is tkd that bad? Like seriously.. If you're fighting a thug on the streets where he just brawls, wouldn't a guy who's a 2nd dan in tkd beat him up if they're both the same size...

Like tkd isn't that bad is it? >> Everybody on the forums keep on saying tkd is bad but i'd like to defend it cause my friend is a 2nd dan in tkd. (been doing it since he was 5) Now he's 17 years old.
    Maybe your friend though tkd was better because he watches too many youtube clips of people crumbling from a kick to the head. I will admit that seeing a quick kick knock someone out is impressive, but I don't know how effective it would be in real life.

Style
    TKD, MT & BJJ (nooblet)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment

haha!!! I love this video!! I wanted to search for it to see it again, but I couldn't think of the name, I just remember the dude gave his name as "rakashin" or some crap haha

Style
    SAMBO, jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson
    The real reason that sport martial arts help you deal with a real fight, is because you have to get hurt and deal with that. Feeling real pain, and then concentrating beyond it is what makes a good fighter.

I concur

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your friend is just joking im sure....... right. No but seriously muay thai is the premier standing art in my opinion, but im sure tkd offers some good backflip crescent spinkicks that will knock someone out in one shot.

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer733
    Cause it uses both hands and legs. He said any martial arts using those 2 are good. Is this true? Is this actually true? O.o

Also, is tkd that bad? Like seriously.. If you're fighting a thug on the streets where he just brawls, wouldn't a guy who's a 2nd dan in tkd beat him up if they're both the same size...

Like tkd isn't that bad is it? >> Everybody on the forums keep on saying tkd is bad but i'd like to defend it cause my friend is a 2nd dan in tkd. (been doing it since he was 5) Now he's 17 years old.
    Your friend is a retard.

End of story.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well ... what about you taking boxing, and beating him up after two months of training?

Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last