224672 Bullies, 3576 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 30
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,983

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 10:46pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    This is my kind of tournament:

    I just got back from this tournament earlier today.

    http://gokor.com/index.php?option=co...d=159&Itemid=2

    Now this is my kind of tournament.

    The Good:
    The rules- very simple 95% of all submissions are allowed. All throws allowed as long as you don't land them on their head.

    Round 1 3 minutes- no points (promotes actual submission attempts)
    Round 2 2 minutes- points given
    a. 1 point for a throw
    b. 1 point for bettering a position (really easy to understand)
    1. Position hierarchy: Non Dominant, Neutral, Dominant.
    2. You get a point for going from Non Dominant to Neutral or Neutral to Dominant
    Round 3 Sudden death (now this was weird) First person to hit the ground loses.



    Everybody at this tournament was great (except apparently me as a ref yelled at me for not understanding the "First person to hit the ground loses" rule.).

    Met up with Shinbushi from bullshido and even got take a picture with Gene Lebell.

    If you get a chance to do this tournament I highly recommend it.
  2. Deadmeat is offline
    Deadmeat's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:03pm


     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds awesome.

    I wish the Submission grappling comps around here were more like that.

    So Round 3 is like Sumo rules? Do you also lose if you get ring-outed? That's odd. I would have thought they'd put in like an osaekomi rule or something so you secure a dominant position and maintain it for like 30 seconds to win.

    Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun.
  3. lionknight is offline
    lionknight's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:12pm


     Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    I just got back from this tournament earlier today.

    http://gokor.com/index.php?option=co...d=159&Itemid=2

    Now this is my kind of tournament.

    The Good:
    The rules- very simple 95% of all submissions are allowed. All throws allowed as long as you don't land them on their head.

    Round 1 3 minutes- no points (promotes actual submission attempts)
    Round 2 2 minutes- points given
    a. 1 point for a throw
    b. 1 point for bettering a position (really easy to understand)
    1. Position hierarchy: Non Dominant, Neutral, Dominant.
    2. You get a point for going from Non Dominant to Neutral or Neutral to Dominant
    Round 3 Sudden death (now this was weird) First person to hit the ground loses.



    Everybody at this tournament was great (except apparently me as a ref yelled at me for not understanding the "First person to hit the ground loses" rule.).

    Met up with Shinbushi from bullshido and even got take a picture with Gene Lebell.

    If you get a chance to do this tournament I highly recommend it.
    huh... ?? ... so what is the point of the second round keeping points if it goes to the third round and their is a sudden death?

    ...or is it more if the score is tied at the end of 2 it goes to 3 rounds?
  4. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,983

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:21pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there is no winner in the second round it goes to sudden death. Now here's the kicker; if you trip and fall the match is over. That's it. I think they need to revamp that rule but I can understand it.
  5. lionknight is offline
    lionknight's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:33pm


     Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    If there is no winner in the second round it goes to sudden death. Now here's the kicker; if you trip and fall the match is over. That's it. I think they need to revamp that rule but I can understand it.
    cool. BRUTAL. but cool.
  6. Vorpal is offline
    Vorpal's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,078

    Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:36pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It probably keeps things moving and prevents a lot of bitching about the judges in close matches. It's pretty smart actually.
  7. cuatro76 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    928

    Posted On:
    8/25/2008 1:24am


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    If there is no winner in the second round it goes to sudden death. Now here's the kicker; if you trip and fall the match is over. That's it. I think they need to revamp that rule but I can understand it.
    What about if you do a sacrifice throw? Do you lose for touching the mat first even though you throw your opponent?
  8. G-Off is offline
    G-Off's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329

    Posted On:
    8/25/2008 1:42am


     Style: Ronin wannabe

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    What about if you do a sacrifice throw? Do you lose for touching the mat first even though you throw your opponent?
    Another question is what counts as "on the ground." 1 hand/both hands? 1 knee/both knees? Flat on your back?

    Those are some freaking awesome rules though.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,983

    Posted On:
    8/25/2008 10:47am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the third round? Yes you lose on a sacrifice throw. I'm going to contact them this weak about possibly tweaking that rule.
  10. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,180

    Posted On:
    8/25/2008 11:06am

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    In the third round? Yes you lose on a sacrifice throw. I'm going to contact them this weak about possibly tweaking that rule.
    How did we do BTW?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.