--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help finding full contact training in Fayetteville, NC

I'm moving to Fayettville in a few months and am looking for a place to train so full contact stand up when I get there. I have already found a place to train jitz but finding a stand up school is proving to be a tougher nut to crack. I would prefer Kyokushin or another style of full contact knock down karate, but if MT is my only option then so be it.

So, could any Ft Bragg/Fayettville guys help me out and point me towards some decent stand up training where they believe in training that is alive?

Note: Mods, if this is the wrong forum for this I apologize. I thought about putting it in strikeistan but that seemed more geared toward discussion of technique than this sort of request for help.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Team ROC in Fayettvittle is your best bet: http://www.teamroc.net/Fayetteville.html

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fucking kidding?

There's a Ranger Bat, Two Special Forces Groups, CAG (formerly Delta,) the Special Warfare School, the 82nd Airborne Division, and a Hells Angels chapter in Fayetteville.

And you want to box? I would kill somebody to move back there, so I could kill even more people after I arrived!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a lot of good military training down there but I didn't get the impression that he was military. Besides, many special forces guys train at the Team Roc school.

But generally speaking nobody should get the wrong impression...Fayettville is a fucking shithole that nobody would live in if they weren't paid to. :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I am military. I know about Team ROC, that'w where I'm gonna train my jits at, and I have some buddies who train there. I just have an interest in Kyokushin. But if I can't find anything I'll just do my stand up at Team Roc and call it a day.

I know Team Roc is top notch, I mean, friggin Tim Kennedy trains/teaches there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually know of a pretty hardcore wing chun school in the area if you are interested.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    I actually know of a pretty hardcore wing chun school in the area if you are interested.
    Sounds interesting, do you have a website?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No website as it is not really a commercial school. He is my Sigung and I haven't been there in several years but I hear he is still teaching relatively small classes.

PM me if you want more info.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Are you fucking kidding?

There's a Ranger Bat, Two Special Forces Groups, CAG (formerly Delta,) the Special Warfare School, the 82nd Airborne Division, and a Hells Angels chapter in Fayetteville.

And you want to box? I would kill somebody to move back there, so I could kill even more people after I arrived!
    I was going to suggest that he just tour the local strip bars while wearing a shirt that says "Green Berets are for Fags" or something similiar.

Jeez, even by the standards that I usually use to judge backwards southern towns (I'm from SC), Fayetsville is a greasy armpit.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."