Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 11:08pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by American HKD
    wrist locks don't work well on the ground the leverage is different.
    ORLY?

YouTube - BJJ - Chicken Wing Wrist Lock

YouTube - Comprido teaches a wrist lock

YouTube - Brazilian Jujitsu Triangle Leg Choke : Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Wrist Lock

YouTube - Ricardo "Animal" Migliarese Wrist-lock from inside guard

... they work better for me on the ground than while standing.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 11:10pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunatley I see this place as people who are generally disrespectful towards people who don't think MMAs the bomb.

I'm not say you personally but this person's a friend of mine and I choose to go through all this BS here but he may not appreciated it.

Moreover how would knowing his name help you, unless your planning on calling this person and asking him and when he tells you it's true you can still say it's BS, or he not really a good Judo player, or I don't like his hair cut.

This is how stuff here works it's far from fair and impartial.
    Hey, knothead, let me explain how things work around here. You make a claim, you back it up. So if you don't want to back up your story with names, dates and facts, don't bother mentioning it.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Hey, knothead, let me explain how things work around here. You make a claim, you back it up. So if you don't want to back up your story with names, dates and facts, don't bother mentioning it.
    According to the rules of the forum anyways ...

American HKD ,

You have read the stickies at the top of each forum haven't you ? I would assume you would have before , not after investing in the site .

What techniques do you teach to counter and nullify a competent Judoka ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 12:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moreover how would knowing his name help you, unless your planning on calling this person and asking him and when he tells you it's true you can still say it's BS, or he not really a good Judo player, or I don't like his hair cut.
    Because Judo champion implies that he has a competition record that could be easily verified.

Because 6th dans are extremely fucking rare*, and would be very easy to check up on.

*The only 6th dan I've ever met was an Olympian, who also happened to be a current Great Britain national coach. I don't know, maybe you do things differently in America, but over here 6th dan implies a calibre far above and beyond the ordinary (or even extraordinary) player. To get 6th dan you have to have done something special. Do you understand why I'm not taking your claim at face value now?

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 12:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're seeing enough evidence of wristlocks being successfully applied on the ground that they warrant a catalog in order to make sense of them. What are we seeing? In particular, what are we seeing in relation to orthodox JJJ wristlocks??

(We'll lump together champion-BJJ-X-espouses-wristlock-Y with wristlock-Z-seen-in-competition, on the assumption that champion BJJ X actually knows WTF he's talking about.)

We see a gooseneck (elbow braced) wristlock in 3 of 4 of Jack's vids, and the 4th is a two-on-one made possible by triangle control of the head/shoulders. Two are from guard (one with a whizzer, the other with a triangle), one is from top of guard (double surprise!), and one is from top of side control. In 3 of 4 we see a dominant position (guard + specific control), and the last we see surprise as the dominant factor.

Pause at 0:14 for Tim Cartmell (swoon!) wristlocking from guard (+ loose triangle control) utilizing a figure 4 grip with the hands. This grip is also seen in one of Jack's vids.
    YouTube - Tim Cartmell Standing Grappling DVD (sample)

In the Roy Dean video (page 6/http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1943073&postcount=53) I see two things: 1) straightforward aikido/JJJ wrist techniques with and without BJJ follow-ups, and 2) aikido/JJJ techniques applied to BJJ situations with an eye towards control or transition. These start at 0:49 in the YT video IMO, and includes (to my eye):

- kotegaeshi from knees followed up by figure-4 grip for either Kimura or juji-gatame
    - kotegaeshi to assist scissor sweep
    - the "doing the robot" wristlock to escape rear mount
    - bent wristlock (nikkyo) from omoplata
    - the ever-popular two-on-one from guard + triangle control

So what are we seeing? Goosenecks and wristlocks as an assist to a transition (ie, kotegaeshi). Two-on-one grips are rare, bent wristlocks (nikkyos/waterfalls) are rare, but both exist. In EVERY case, the person is controlled with something other than the wristlock. If they move because of the wristlock, it's because another grappling movement is done in conjunction. If they submit from the wristlock, it's because their movement was controlled elsewhere, not at the wrist.

Switch topics slightly:

Kimura appreciation by LEO threads:
    Keinmura - No BS Martial Arts
    OMIGOD!!1 - No BS Martial Arts
    Questions for Bouncers, LEO and Security persons. - No BS Martial Arts (a little more varied)

If we add this to the successful-standing-jointlock tally, we see a definite preference for figure-4 and whizzer grips, Kimuras, some goosenecks, and waki-gatame.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sinmoo Hapkido, Bjj, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Because Judo champion implies that he has a competition record that could be easily verified.

Because 6th dans are extremely fucking rare*, and would be very easy to check up on.

*The only 6th dan I've ever met was an Olympian, who also happened to be a current Great Britain national coach. I don't know, maybe you do things differently in America, but over here 6th dan implies a calibre far above and beyond the ordinary (or even extraordinary) player. To get 6th dan you have to have done something special. Do you understand why I'm not taking your claim at face value now?

What makes YOU the authority to approve or disapprove of others???

Tell me who you are and what's your staus in the Judo world, if you have any??? If it's respectable enought for me I'll give you the name by PM.

The problem is most of the people here hiding anyomously behind a keyboard talking crap about everyone else.

The few people I looked, who had the balls to let people see what their credentials don't have 1/4 my training or credentials.

Now who are YOU, make me a believer???

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 10:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that you made the claim and we both live in reality gives me--and anyone else you spout your mouth to--the right to ask you to back it up.

We're giving you the opportunity to change our minds, and instead you start whining that us asking for proof is not fair. Um, yeah. Not so much.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 10:57am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tell me who you are and what's your staus in the Judo world, if you have any??? If it's respectable enought for me I'll give you the name by PM.

The problem is most of the people here hiding anyomously behind a keyboard talking crap about everyone else.

The few people I looked, who had the balls to let people see what their credentials don't have 1/4 my training or credentials.

Grow up you crybaby ************.

Wah! Those meanies at Bullshido want me to verify my story with facts! How unfair! Wah!

I find it amusing that you decided to contribute financially to this site without having a clue what it and we are about.

Back up your story with names and facts or get the **** out.

You "holier than thou" assholes really irritate me.
    Shut the hell up and train.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So you're just going to ignore being corrected AGAIN on a factual statement you made.

This time it's "Wrist locks don't work from the ground"

Over and over again you bring up points and get reamed when it's shown you have no idea what you're talking about.

And it has nothing to do with BJJ or MMA

28 years of experience....

Yeesh!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 11:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's from Map where he has a huge following. He just joined, IMO, to fill MAP in on the BBC. He thinks Sponsors and Supporting members are above the law.

Ha Ha ask a few people how well that works.

*edit*

WTF does this have to do with your lack of facts and your secondhand stories?

Absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/10/2008 11:17am at .
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast