pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldust
    Naseem Hamed's footwork (and Boxing technique) was horrid and should be used as an example of what not to do. He had a good chin but got knocked down on more than a few occasions due to a combination of his habit of trying to pull away from punches and his feet being all out of position.

He got away with what he did due to the fact that he hit very hard with either hand and had very good hand/foot speed and reflexes. Most people don't enjoy the benefit of having those attributes and would get their head knocked off trying to fight the way Hamed did. And when Hamed fought someone with superior fundamentals (Barrera) he got dismantled. Although I imagine that you could argue that Hamed may have been a bit past his best by that point and wasn't as dedicated to his training as he had been when he was first coming up.
    Good points. I think the reason his fights were chosen was that there's not a lot of unarmed fighting footage using the kali footwork. I think he should have used Frank Trigg, since some of their material comes from his "triggonomics".

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 3:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus as stated "Never Back Down" (which I want the 2 hours or so of life back from watching) featured a man from the SENEGAL, where they have a native form of WRESTLING but because this wouldn't fit with Mr Prole they didn't go with it.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 8:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ - Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never back down sucked and weapons would be terribly dangerous. I think imo the UFC is growing and so are all the other pro mma like pride and elite. This sport is no where near its peak. I would like to see some other martial arts that can actually do **** against the average well rounded bjj/mt fighter. It would be interesting.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 9:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Good points. I think the reason his fights were chosen was that there's not a lot of unarmed fighting footage using the kali footwork. I think he should have used Frank Trigg, since some of their material comes from his "triggonomics".
    Or you could also use the case of Jorge Paez, 1980s featherweight boxer who used his foundation as an acrobat and circus clown as the framework for his boxing footwork.

If you wish to use this as a reference point of how if might work against some MA practioners, he decisioned Troy Dorsey, who was also a world kickboxing champ.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UFC weapons league didn't pan out for obvious reasons.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 6:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uhm...

?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234