Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 2:09am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feminised american society allredy think it's too gladiatorial. What do you think will happen when they throw in a swoard or two?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 3:10am

Style: Karate, Krav Maga, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God, right now we have ninjers and WCers who talk **** about MMA.

Add in swords and we will have to deal with renaissance fair people too (although admittedly, im sure there is a large overlap between the two groups)

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 3:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Its interesting that you mention the Dog Brothers, because the Kali Tudo DVD is basically an argument that MMA hasn't absorbed all thats useful from the arts. It shows how FMA can function in the cage, drawing heavilly from vids of Prince Nasim's unorthodox boxing footwork to demonstrate the FMA footwork in an uncooperative unarmed endeavor.
    I think there's definitely more out there that will come into play (the 10th planet jiujitsu is a likely candidate not too popular now). There's also some neat dirty boxing techniques in panantukan I could see coming into play.

Wait, didn't we already do this thread?

Huh? training blades are NOT sharp. I've been stabbed by all sorts of them, the worst I've gotten was a good bruise on my left arm from a shock knife, and sore fingers from not wearing gloves and using rubber trainers. They aren't that dangerous if you wear a fencing mask, gloves and a cup. If you're using sharp ones (or VERY VERY harp ones) you're retarded.

To be fair the men using the blades were wearing appropriate armour. They warned me about the swords. I assume they WEREN'T training blades then.

(BTW I've eaten enough BBQ ribs with chips to last me a lifetime)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 3:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Telum
    God, right now we have ninjers and WCers who talk **** about MMA.

Add in swords and we will have to deal with renaissance fair people too (although admittedly, im sure there is a large overlap between the two groups)
    There are the people committed to the preservation of European traditions, including the martial traditions. The Abbey Museum of Brisbane does both live training AND holds feasts etc. The SCA should take note (although the Museum has a PRICELESS collection of artifacts as well).

This brings up the fact that at some point Wing Chun was valid and proper and that somewhere some instructors no doubt still are.

Off topic somewhat, a chunner challenged me via the phone

"Toby, I wanna fight you!"
    "EXCELLENT! I haven't biffed anybody in ages! Let me arrange some mat space and we'll-"
    (incredibly long tirade including the phrase "kick you in the throat"
    "I SEE... how does this counter the fact that I have basic grappling and am very good at hook punches as found in fistfighting?"
    (I get completely ignored while further threats of eyepoking and such ensue)
    "Yessss.... um, you're still not acknowledging that I've gotten a reasonable amount of training in grappling. I WILL throw you through the table if you piss me off and you'll have to pay to replace it"
    (further rambling)
    "Hang on a minute... now what did I DO exactly? I don't fight except if I perceive the person has threatened me. What did I DO TO you exactly?"

:jerk:
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 7:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Toby, even imaginary people think you're a dick.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 7:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Screw sticks - we ought to have men fighting lions like in ancient Rome ... ya!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With that in mind, MMA has boiled down to kickboxing, boxing, BJJ, judo and not much else.
    WRESTLING, MUTHERFUCKER, WRESTLING!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we seeing all we'll see for the UFC? (no alliteration meant)
    Any alliteration at all?

Terrible, Toby. Your tepid tumescence tells the thread that your thick-headedness is truly tremendous. Twat.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:32am

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Instead of worrying about collecting cool new techniques, why not learn to use those ones already proven effectively? Every time I see a post like this, it always seems to express a bordem with the "sameness" of MMA. There's more to it than a list of styles. What's worse is there's always someone mentioning some vague thing that supposedly has something to offer, talk a lot of ****, but never actually prove it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 9:08am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus
    Yeah, society has become pretty accepting of a lot of crap, but I don't quite think it's ready to glorify men who beat each other with clubs for a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight
    Rugby and Hockey would disagree.

j/k
    So would Lacrosse.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast