Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are we seeing all we'll see for the UFC? (no alliteration meant)

Marc Macyoung in spite of dubious thoughts and philosophies states that there are over 5000 surviving legitimate MA in the world today. With that in mind, MMA has boiled down to kickboxing, boxing, BJJ, judo and not much else.

The absolute waste of pocketmoney, budget and time "Never back down" reveals that the instructor of the cliched "angry troubled teen" is a Senegalese man of some years; he would no doubt have trained in their national sport and offered it at the gym he lived in.

Also there is no particularly valid reason why stickfighting can't be incorporated. The owners of the UFC may not WANT it, but the public very well might. The Dog Brothers were turned down but they are 1) entitled to enter and 2) are certainly not the only stickfighters in the world.

In conclusion, it's all going to get a bit repetitive and introducing new styles will get more arses on seats.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:17am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Christensen
    Marc Macyoung in spite of dubious thoughts and philosophies states that there are over 5000 surviving legitimate MA in the world today. With that in mind, MMA has boiled down to kickboxing, boxing, BJJ, judo and not much else.

The absolute waste of pocketmoney, budget and time "Never back down" reveals that the instructor of the cliched "angry troubled teen" is a Senegalese man of some years; he would no doubt have trained in their national sport and offered it at the gym he lived in.

Also there is no particularly valid reason why stickfighting can't be incorporated. The owners of the UFC may not WANT it, but the public very well might. The Dog Brothers were turned down but they are 1) entitled to enter and 2) are certainly not the only stickfighters in the world.

In conclusion, it's all going to get a bit repetitive and introducing new styles will get more arses on seats.
    Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Boxing and so on would all disagree.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying the UFC should bring in a weapons free-for-all division?

This could end badly.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, because even training blades are VERY VERY sharp as I nearly personally experienced (I saw it go through varnished reinforced woood instead)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, society has become pretty accepting of a lot of crap, but I don't quite think it's ready to glorify men who beat each other with clubs for a living.
    Last edited by Hesperus; 8/22/2008 1:30am at .

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:35am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus
    Yeah, society has become pretty accepting of a lot of crap, but I don't quit think it's ready to glorify men who beat each other with clubs for a living.
    Rugby and Hockey would disagree.

:wanim

:boxing:

:glasses2:

j/k

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And are either of those glorified in the USA, the home country of the UFC?

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Toby, seriously, what the hell happens to you in your day-day that makes you come up with this kind of fluff?

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, guys, just give it a bit. We'll have some Cung Le's on the up-and-up, and they're going to show the world that variety in kicking and quick takedowns to dominant positions from a variety of clinches (read: judo) are just as necessary as MT clinching or triangle chokes.

I hope.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 2:05am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its interesting that you mention the Dog Brothers, because the Kali Tudo DVD is basically an argument that MMA hasn't absorbed all thats useful from the arts. It shows how FMA can function in the cage, drawing heavilly from vids of Prince Nasim's unorthodox boxing footwork to demonstrate the FMA footwork in an uncooperative unarmed endeavor.
    I think there's definitely more out there that will come into play (the 10th planet jiujitsu is a likely candidate not too popular now). There's also some neat dirty boxing techniques in panantukan I could see coming into play.

Wait, didn't we already do this thread?
    No, because even training blades are VERY VERY sharp as I nearly personally experienced (I saw it go through varnished reinforced woood instead)
    Huh? training blades are NOT sharp. I've been stabbed by all sorts of them, the worst I've gotten was a good bruise on my left arm from a shock knife, and sore fingers from not wearing gloves and using rubber trainers. They aren't that dangerous if you wear a fencing mask, gloves and a cup. If you're using sharp ones (or VERY VERY harp ones) you're retarded.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast