Posted On:
    8/21/2008 10:51pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I'm not in that video...
    Sorry, JP is me. And yes, I got my ass whooped. XD

My excuse is not having trained for three months before the throwdown due to my dislocated shoulder and thus I was no longer used to getting hit. I also got whacked in the head a number of times by Hype before that, so even though Angry-Monkey wasn't punching that hard, I still felt like I was going to black out whenever he hit me in the head.

He probably would've creamed me either way.

----------------

Angry-Monkey, I thought you said you had nothing to prove to him or anyone else. Plus, he's not even on these forums. XD
    Last edited by DarkXacreD; 8/21/2008 10:58pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank White
    That might be because you didn't throw very many strikes at him. Maybe because he was constantly moving away from you, but you threw about four or five strikes per minute. You could have better showed him the error of his ways if you hit him more.

It really wasn't an issue seeing as how he rarely hit you, but if you stayed in range you could have hit him more.

There was a series of kicks at 3:04 from black that I've never seen and hope to never see again.

Yeah I was a little surprised watching it, I thought i had thrown a lot more than that. I don't mean to make any excuses, but the guy grabbed me at the end of the day while I was packing my bag after training for 2hrs and wanted to spar.

Also not apparent from the video is his complete lack of control on his punches, just before we started I said "lets go nice and light" and then he swung at my head. I didn't want to get caught by a windmilling punch so I just played it safe and defensive and took my shots when the opportunity arose. Compare that with the sparring with JP(Darxacred), we weren't trying to kill each other so I was able to open up a little more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 11:05pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    Yeah I was a little surprised watching it, I thought i had thrown a lot more than that. I don't mean to make any excuses, but the guy grabbed me at the end of the day while I was packing my bag after training for 2hrs and wanted to spar.
    Y'know, before I read this (when you mentioned it on the other thread first) I thought you were the one who asked him to spar, since you asked to spar with me. I thought that was the whole idea; to spar with as many people as you could at the throwdown.

Also not apparent from the video is his complete lack of control on his punches, just before we started I said "lets go nice and light" and then he swung at my head. I didn't want to get caught by a windmilling punch so I just played it safe and defensive and took my shots when the opportunity arose.
    I tried to go straight boxing with him earlier that night thinking that I'd have a slight advantage because he's all kicks. But I couldn't even get close to him because he'd whack me with what was essentially a (haymaker) ridge hand to the side of my head. I'm not even sure he was hitting me with the padded part of the glove. >.<

Compare that with the sparring with JP(Darxacred), we weren't trying to kill each other so I was able to open up a little more.
    Thank you for not destroying me. Like I said on the other thread, I'll try hard not to be so compliant next time.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 11:13pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both of you, why are your hands down?

Black, why are you doing shitty instep roundhouses and double kicks? All throughout the video it looks like you're trying to put on a carnival with your feet. One of those sinister carnivals, with distorted calliope music and children getting touched innapropriately by the clowns.

1:08 what the **** why do you just stand there with the foot? Are you showing off?

1:48 Black, I like that you included a half hearted upkick, just in case we forgot that...whatever it is you do is a complete art.

3:40 Nice 1994 Royce style zombie guard, queef.

5:45 Alright the takedown was nice and the transitions were smooth. Black, you're an idiot for trying to Dirt Ninja headlock grey and then trying to windmill your way out of frant chancery.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hands down I addressed a bit earlier in the thread. mix of fatigue and bad habit.

the foot, I could see he wanted really badly to try and jump spinning round house kick me with his leg that was still on the ground and I wanted to dump him on his ass if he did. You cant hear us speaking but I said "go for it" and he replied "I can stay here all day" so I started kicking his base leg.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:30am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whenever you spar with a tae kwan dork you have to bully them around all over the place and run them into walls and have no regard for their safety which they compromise by just backing up all the time. Otherwise they'll tap you with a lot of useless kicks and then think they accomplished something. It's completely different from fighting someone who will actually willingly engage and it can be frustrating if you try to be nice. The lesson learned is...from now on...balls to the wall with these guys. Not necessarily in power, but you have to push them around.

The way to do that is being more active, like a lot more active. The main issue is all the standing in karate kick battle range.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 2:05am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I'm not in that video...
    well, that video was a great example of friendly sparring, and everyone there should be commended for holding their temper. Especially after the coked-out-frat-boy-break-dancing kicks he seems to be so proud of.

But I understand why he was being nice, what are you going to gain from pasting that guy?
    He didn't have to beat the guy (though I don't think that would have been such a bad thing), but he could have easily shown Black what he was doing wrong without using power, seeing how much better he was. I can understand why he wouldn't want to take that upon himself though.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Whenever you spar with a tae kwan dork you have to bully them around all over the place and run them into walls and have no regard for their safety which they compromise by just backing up all the time. Otherwise they'll tap you with a lot of useless kicks and then think they accomplished something. It's completely different from fighting someone who will actually willingly engage and it can be frustrating if you try to be nice. The lesson learned is...from now on...balls to the wall with these guys. Not necessarily in power, but you have to push them around.

The way to do that is being more active, like a lot more active. The main issue is all the standing in karate kick battle range.
    This is totally true. I used to have to spar with gym "guests" all the time that were olympic TKD "Champions". My Muay Thai coach got his start in TKD then went to old school kickboxing (shiny pants era) so we had a funny mix of dudes that would stop by. The only way to handle the TKD guys is to bully them around the ring. You can NEVER back up. In their mind backing up is losing. It also gives them the split second of space they need to kick your head off. If it is allowed in whatever you are doing, clinch them all the time. It frustrates the crap out of them because their clinch fighting is typically terrible.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity

correct.

years ago, as a TKD black belt, i sparred with a kickboxer for the first time. after landing a couple of foot slaps he dropped me with a thigh kick. i couldn't walk properly on it for about a week. i thought, "i've been training in the wrong martial art".

i was still hopeful that TKD could be adapted to something like the UFC and teh street with a few small changes, but at least i was on my way to recovery.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 11:13pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Mr Grey: Improve your footwork and work some angles. You have kickboxing on your field, so KICK AND BOX! Don't let someone with fancy kicks create space to actually pull them off, keep the pressure on and chop the legs or do a one two combo followed by a low/middle kick.

To Mr Black: Stop with the fancy kicks and try working on low angle kicks and middle kicks, things that have the power to stop an attacker.

To the Both of you, hands raised and please choose a different setting on your next throwdown...maybe a ring or a padded surface. Kudos for having the balls to fight and test your skills.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast