218357 Bullies, 5057 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 4:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kneepads Rucanor - "protection"

The rucanor "protection" knee pads are a great fit (I had to get the junior since I have relatively skinny legs) that have a stretch back and a big stretch strap over the knee to prevent them from slipping over your knee or just turning around. They are easy to wear under Gi pants or without a Gi.
    I had to adjust them only once during a two and a half hour sparing session and never felt them during the roll or kicking practise (which is not the usual from my experience with TKD knee protectors, but they are a bit different) which is due to the padding is sewed on to the "hose" only at the edges of the padding (solid double cross stitch) and your knee can "move freely" and you only get in contact with the padding when you really need it. This is a great plus on comfort for me.
    I say the protection is good, maybe the padding could a little bit thicker but that is just me.

A draw back is that they dry relatively slow (almost a day) and you can only hand wash them.
    I bought them in the NL for 25.95 which is an average price for knee pads in Europe (don't know about the US/Australia).

Pro: Price/Value, great fit, solid protection

Contra: Slow dry, only hand wash

Update will be posted when I used them for a couple of weeks in New York. Until then I won't rate

Update: Okay I have rated them now. I gave only a 9 in durability because the strap over the knee wears out a little (nothing to worry about but I want to be fair and honest). The 9 in Protection because I think there is always room for improvement but I have had no issues what so ever so far and I spend about 55-60 hours of training with them.

I highly recomand this product to everyone who has issues with their knees or just wants to be on the save side.
    Last edited by M.C.; 9/18/2008 11:49am at .
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 11:29pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Review approved.

How does it feel when you anti-grappler those 'BJJ' people in the face?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 7:37am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used them not long after I started Trad JJ - because my breakfalls were rubbish and I was being smashed into the mat on a regular basis. I was the junior grade.

After some proficiency was gained, I stopped wearing them for JJ but still use them for Kobudo (weapons) to protect my knees when kneeling on a wooden floor for katana cuts.

Ohh, the relief. Yes, they get my vote (and I've 2 pairs that are now some years old).

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 11:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I have tested them now on a daily basis, atleast 2 sessions a day for two weeks straight and I am going to buy a second pair as soon as I am back in Europe (I havn't found them in the US yet).
    Funny storry regarding their comfort, two days ago I forgot to take them off before walking into the shower because they fit so great, you don't notice them any more. And I take back the thing with the extra padding, the padding is great as it is...

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 2:33pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Okay I have tested them now on a daily basis, atleast 2 sessions a day for two weeks straight and I am going to buy a second pair as soon as I am back in Europe (I havn't found them in the US yet).
    Funny storry regarding their comfort, two days ago I forgot to take them off before walking into the shower because they fit so great, you don't notice them any more. And I take back the thing with the extra padding, the padding is great as it is...
    Agreed. They really do save your knees. Aaahhh...

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 8:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay back after 3 months and over 150h of training with them.
    They are in a real good condition for the amount of abuse I put them through. The only thing that is not "new" are the straps, one of the over knee strap is loose at one point (behind the knee bend), I will sow it back and it will be fine, nothing to worry about. I don't know if this is from the washing+turning them inside out (I tell you hand washing them is not fun but you should do it rather often) or due to the fact that a lot of people use them as a handle when I play guard and my pants slide down.

I also trained one day with out them (complete three sessions plus rolling after classes) and I so wished I hadn't done it. The comfort is just so good, you don't want to miss it.

I still stand by this product, the quality and the price are top and I will buy a second pair Monday or when I find the time to do so.

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo