Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the MMA vs. TMA forum? Because just about every thread on it has turned into that, as Choke has pointed out.

Here's an idea. Post one thing about a real mcdojo you have seen. That's what this forum's supposed to be about, after all.

Here's mine:

In Chung Moo Quan, which I stuck with out of sheer stupidity up to black belt, they claim to teach eight martial arts. One of those is aikido.

In total, I don't think there were twenty locks in the whole repertoire, and almost all of them were wrist locks. Aikido has tons of locks.

The school never had anyone spar. Nor was there randori. Yet they kept claiming to teach aikido.

You'd join under one contract, then they'd try to convinve you to go to the next contract, always one more after than. Not to mention the test fees, etc.

All of the instructors, and these were americans, spoke in broken english. No joke. If you wanted to ask something, you'd say "be 'lright ask if I could use the washroom", and they'd call people they didn't like "no mind goofy type", and pretty much everyone who left the school because of their crap was called this, which is pretty creepy.

There's mine. Your turn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't you heard? Chung Moo Quan is a CULT - for real! Look it up. The owner just got out of prison.
  3. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 1:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL! You're preaching to the choir here, guy.:)

Yes, John C. Kim, supposed grandmaster of chung moo quan(now called oom yung doe) did get out of prison. Along with pretty much the entire upper heirarchy of the organization. From what I've heard, they booted out/drove off a few instructors who tried to take over in their absence, scared away a number of instructors who attempted to clean up the organization, and went back to business as usual.

Meanwhile, a number of their fanatics, possibly including their highest belts, have been making use of unmoderated forums for free advertising. Eventually, these forums shut down, and they move on to the next one. Usually, this starts by them bullying off all of the other members of the forum, making it impossible to hold actual discussion. A few usually fight with them for a while, then leave.

Royal Dragon got into it with them. RD used to attend the chung moo quan location I was at, but he was a skeptic. Anyway, he actually made a forum for the argument,but the chung moo people avoid it because they're afraid of him having their ip addresses(probably because they'll all show up as being from san diego, or other cities where the higher belts live).

Anyway, one time, RD and I got talking on KFO, and we figured out that we knew each other, so he told me about the forum wars. I had been into kung fu for a long time at that point, no moo for me, thank you. Anyway, I got on there and have been debuncking them since, from the social structures within the moo that allow intolerance and closed mindedness, to, more recently, criticisms of specific techniques from the moo curriculum.

So, basically, RD and I have much more experience debunking a single mcdojo than anyone else on here. There's a third guy on one forum, goes by the handle of ex-instructor, who is excellent at it as well.

So, to make a long story even longer, I've heard.

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt know the guys got of jail. I think it was just a slap on the wrist. They should be left in jail permantly. I gess these guys will go back to bussiness as usual.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:48pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if their martial art was good enough to keep them safe in the prison showers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard they all got BOOTY RAPED!

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of homosexual rape in prison showers, did you hear about the BJJ fighter who tried to carjack a van full of Judo students?

Early reports are that he quickly found out that pulling guard wouldn't be the best idea for self-defense, but his rear mount escapes are improving from all the practice he's getting.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KC, what forums are these guys on? I would love to debate with them.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Titan

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Merc, if that's true the BJJ guy was a bit of a twat really for trying to carjack in the first place.

However, the van was full of Judo guys, they would of bashed him whatever he did.

I garentee he was TAKEN down by them, and went to his gaurd instinctively.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
  10. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miguk,

http://asiapacificuniverse.com/cgi-bin/displayb.pl?martialarts.html/Martial_Arts/1/martialarts.pl

I can't remamber if he got 5 or 6 years in the federal penn. I know my instructor got six years.

In fact, there's actual news footage of a class at the school I attended at the time being raided by treasury agents. The instructors were held to the ground with stakeout shotguns at their back. One of the fattest instructors I've ever seen, a guy who was brought in town to deal with the press because he used to be an assistant DA, told an investigative reporter that was asking about the school that she should let it go, because some of the instructors were "rockheads" and he could guarantee her safety if she let it go.

That was not really out of the norm for the way the school operated at the time.

One guy I took classes with when I first joined quit. He was one of their top students. Well, back then, a lot of people said they had problems with instructors calling them at home when they quit, and harrassing them. This guy I knew complained about this, and they threatened them. He explained to them that his roommate had auto rifles in the house, and that the calls would stop. Of course, they did.

When I say mcdojo, I'm not just thinking of schools that don't turn out great fighters. My definition goes a little further than that.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast