Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 3:30am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KITAmaru
    I hear that one a lot too.
    They prolly took the 'art' in 'martial art' too seriously and figured it was something they could do whatever they wanted with and not be criticized for it, kinda like posting crappy plagiarized crap on DeviantArt.
    What they FAIL to realise is that REAL artists insult each other all the time. I mean cubism was rediculed all the time. The stupidest stuff I've heard is that UFC = WWE???:new_black :waraya

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 3:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep define martial artist. some of these instructors cannot be counted as that. so that means we can criticize them.

and anyway who the hell said that? criticism is what causes change and improvement. so we should criticize other martial artists and ourselves too

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 3:39am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another stupid line is the ocasional: "Teh UFC was more real back in DA day. Today it's gone gay and boring!"
    Like, WTF when they wresled back in the day everybody was boo-ing now when they strike for too long they boo?

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 3:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most bullshidoka (not u bullies, i mean the actual bullshido peddlers) have a god complex. These people are weak both mentally and physically. They make excuses for themselves like the repetitive street vs sport argument, the grand master argument, the 'ancient art' argument, and other ways which all revolve around jerking themselves.

Heres the answer: **** theory. Just fight.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 4:20am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be honest I can't remember where I read my last quote, and I probably got it wrong. At least I hope I did.

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 4:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread could well be a lot of fun

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This comment amused me:

"So, trust me..if you were to see a true Wu Shu Grand Master in this ring, you would have seen some awesome skill. Oh, and Gung Fu and Kung Fu more or less are the same thing..it's means again to master but, is not a style or form of Wu Shu..taiji quan (the 5 main styles) are and that is the monk style."
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 6:26am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, potentially derailing story:

I tend bar at a Country Club. I don't tell most people that I train, but a few of the members know and like to talk to me about UFC, fitness, striking they used to do in high school/college etc...

One member who is a big UFC/WWE fan likes to threaten (jokingly) to put me in submissions he's heard of on TV if I don't get his drink right away. Yesterday he goes "If you don't get me a beer, I'm gonna put you in a reverse toe-hold." One member next to him asks him what he's talking about and his response is "Skilliful does all that stuff." Member #2 decides to laugh and name a whole bunch of WWE techniques. I almost put him in a reverse toehold.

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 6:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    Funny, potentially derailing story:

I tend bar at a Country Club. I don't tell most people that I train, but a few of the members know and like to talk to me about UFC, fitness, striking they used to do in high school/college etc...
    **** those rich cunts. Where do you work at? I've worked at Tam O'Shanters and Woodcrest in Long Island. I don't bar tend though (lucky bastard, you get to go home blasted).

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:59am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think my favorite is "In the steet, there are no rules," especially when applied to things other than fighting. For example:
    Traveling the ball when playing street basketball.
    Driving in the wrong lane of traffic.
    Cutting in line at public drinking fountains.
    Public intoxication.
    The possibilities are endless, really. Just remember, the next time someone tell you not to do something in public...
    In the street, there are no rules.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast