Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 4:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJnoob,kickboxing(hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too bought the Shock Doctor Power compression short with bioflex cup.

Works spectacularly. For both Grappling and striking.

I've used it primarily for muay thai and judo, on the ground when I have used it I barely notice it's there after a few minutes. It does hold up well to accidental low blows (though in a fight you *might* want to purchase the metal insert on mmawarehouse.com for it, just my personal thought)

As Deadmeat said, the quality thus far is spectacular, I wash it every 2 weeks, still no problems yet, stitching and material is holding up amiably. It feels appropriately tight, yet not constrictive. In a word, it's perfect as far as cups I've used. (Comparing to having used a TKD style jock strap cup, and a boxing groin protector)

For $30 it might seem steep in comparison to to say a regular run of the mill cup, but I can assure you it's well worth the $. Same goes for the shock doctor mouthpiece I'm using.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 1:01pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I would like to add, get baseball slider shorts. They have the cup pouch and padding on the thighs. It takes a little of the sting out of leg kicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 6:14pm

Style: JKD/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have a shock doctor, and while it's better than other's i've tried i still find the edges don't fit snug against my legs rather than floating on top of my junk. I'm gonna try this:

YouTube - Arrestling Nutty Buddy Evaluation

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/16/2008 1:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I have 2 pair of shock doctor compression shorts, one 27-29 and one 30-32, because I had the 30-32 first and it felt a little to lose (but it is okay) so I got a 27-29 which is a little bit to tight. So far I used the first pair for 60+ hours and it is worn out a little but nothing to bother about so far.

What is strange though, the pants are the same, but I have two different biofelx cups.
    Their general size is almost the same but one is a single piece, while the other one is made of one flex part on one part that has a "carbon" look and is "bolted" to the rest of the cup at three places (one at the bottom, one top left and one top right). I wonder if this has any influence on the "protection" because since they are changeable I can pick.

PS: If needed I can take pictures.

Edit: Oh and for some reason the insert for the cup is on the inside of the short, not on the outside as shown in the picture...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

poser

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 12:19pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like this going to replace my cup-and-jock-strap combo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 6:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kyokushin n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Easily better than any cup and jock strap I had before. If I'm not paying attention I forget that I'm wearing it, as opposed to having to constantly adjust it after every kick with the strap. I have also taken some direct groin shots not even flinched, so I think it's pretty solid. No problems with it shifting either during stretching or anything like that either.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2008 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t5
    ... Oh and for some reason the insert for the cup is on the inside of the short, not on the outside as shown in the picture...
    I just got a pair recently and insert is on the inside as well. I think this is better than on the outside because if the cup works it's way passed the velcro some how it would still have to push past the waste band. If the insert sleeve was on the outside though, the velcro would be the only thing holding the cup in.

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 5:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These shock doctors are alright, but they got nothing on Diamond MMA's cup and compression shorts! Id recommend it to anyone who plays any type of contact sport, you can get kicked right in the jewels and you wont feel a thing! actually check out this video!

Hope that helps!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 12:07am

Style: Muay Thai / Judo / JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shocking.... Horrible for Muay Thai got kicked several times in sparring to the jatz crackers and all went straight thru (im an unorthodox stance fighter) . Have since bought an MORGAN DELUXE STEEL GROIN GUARD and now rarely get kicked in the nutz funny that!
    Last edited by Boydy83; 6/19/2013 12:12am at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12