Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kali-Arnis-Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bighorse

Hello I live in Texas and I'm a student of Grandmaster Gaudiosa Ruby, I have read what poidog has said about my Grandmaster. I would like to pose a challange to poidog if he wants to meet at my school and we will make sure that there will be medical personnel present and liability statements signed. Then he can show me who I'm not trained well enough. But first let me say I have trained under Grandmaster Ruby, PG Edgar Sulite, Master Ner Reodica, Grandmaster Sebastian. What I have used has drastically helped me in my past work. I was a policemen for 27 years, now I'm retired and have my own school now. So Poidog I await your response.
    Thank You
    Big Horse.

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 6:45pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What precisely has Poidog said about your Master? I don't see that he actually posted in this thread.

Can you post a link?

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was it these comments from two years ago?

"The only style I am comfortable with saying "Stay away from these folk" is the COMJUKA stylists, from the Tuhon Ruby Gaudiosa camp. As far as I can tell, though, they are pretty much limited to El Paso, TX and surrounding regions. In the Massachusetts arena, I'm almost certain I had heard of a PTK group in or around that area. I don't know much about the area, but you could always go on the eskrima-digest and ask for instructors in that area. Folks on the digest are usually happy to help."

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the only other thing I can find.

"Hey Tex,

If this is the same Comjuka Kali that I had some run ins with about 9 years ago (~1998) in El Paso, TX, I would be very hesitant to recommend it. Maybe my experience was unique, but I had a very negative experience with Ruby Gaudiosa and one of her students when I was living in Las Cruces, NM. IMO, the skills demonstrated by one of her instructors was extremely sub par for an instructor in the FMA. And the cost of training with the organization also left a bad taste.

Again, this is just my opinions based on my experience with the organization. YMMV.

Aloha, Poi"

Of course, this consists of two comments roughly a year apart, one of which wasn't on this forum, and the other of which is now more than two years past.

In addition, there was a disclaimer that perhaps his experience was unique, and the comments were about an unnamed trainer and not the grandmaster directly.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 5:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA/Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <3 thread hijacks

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would highly suggest splitting the tanget off, moderator!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 6:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighorse
    Hello I live in Texas and I'm a student of Grandmaster Gaudiosa Ruby, I have read what poidog has said about my Grandmaster. I would like to pose a challange to poidog if he wants to meet at my school and we will make sure that there will be medical personnel present and liability statements signed. Then he can show me who I'm not trained well enough. But first let me say I have trained under Grandmaster Ruby, PG Edgar Sulite, Master Ner Reodica, Grandmaster Sebastian. What I have used has drastically helped me in my past work. I was a policemen for 27 years, now I'm retired and have my own school now. So Poidog I await your response.
    Thank You
    Big Horse.

As you laid out the challenge, it is you responsible for paying for poidog's flight and lodging.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Threads split...

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/17/2008 12:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    As you laid out the challenge, it is you responsible for paying for poidog's flight and lodging.
    Plasma:
    Does he have to pay for Poi's travel expenses only if he loses or regardless?

Or bighorse, you could travel to PoiDog.

Posted On:
    8/17/2008 1:01pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Normally the challenger travels.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast