Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 4:26am

Style: Jiu Jits, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Sang, I have been training BJJ for about six months now, and for the last month or so have just been training BJJ.
    I do find that I miss striking a lot when I am only training grappling, and I can only assume it would be the same the other way around.
    I have the money to train both, and am training three days per week at each club and I am happy with the results I am getting thus far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 7:32am

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've have a mate that's done ninja kai in east perth and from what i gathered it seems quite resonable. Also one of the guys i do arnis with used to go there. What other MT and kick boxing places have you looked at?

edit: i assume you live south of the river?
    Last edited by pyromaniac1918; 8/31/2008 7:55am at .

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 7:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah but only if u can go 7 days a week...right now im paying $15 a class mainly cos im a highschool student and cant go every day...contracts ugh!!! about $80 for 4 days a week though cheap but cant agree to the contract of 12 months...

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 8:51am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah don't go signing 6 or 12 month contracts, one injury and you lose two months of payments. A lot can happen in 12 months.

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 9:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yeah never took injury into the picture...but the instructor said that if u cant come for some reason he wont take payments...so yeah...maybe...i was thinking more of "well i might not be coming next year because of upper school exams/study" so mm...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 5:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i heard that the cobra gym in cannigvale is quite good, one of the guy i do _ing _un goes to that gym and spars some people i've never seen him spar but apparently he does well against one of the guys that do MMA.

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 8:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone know the price of cobra? and the quality...cos on the website in instructor thingo "cobra martial art" and "dan" for muay thai which may just be typos but price and quality? and if possible the price of the foam nunchakus...my tkd friend taught me how to look cool with em hahahaha...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoidster
    anyone know the price of cobra? and the quality...cos on the website in instructor thingo "cobra martial art" and "dan" for muay thai which may just be typos but price and quality? and if possible the price of the foam nunchakus...my tkd friend taught me how to look cool with em hahahaha...
    I can find the prcing out for you as for the quality of the students, I'd say the MT guys there are of a better quality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 8:42pm

Style: Jiu Jits, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac1918
    I've have a mate that's done ninja kai in east perth and from what i gathered it seems quite resonable. Also one of the guys i do arnis with used to go there. What other MT and kick boxing places have you looked at?

edit: i assume you live south of the river?
    That's cool man, how long ago, I would probably know him.

In the defence of "ninjukai", it has fantastic facilities for the price you pay. AUD $66 dollars per month, Gym area, lots of heavy bags, lots of open mat time 3pm - 8pm.

They do after one to two years also encourage hard contact continuous sparring, randori, and very limited wrestling.

However.

http://www.ninjukai.com.au/

(from the website)

"Ninjukai Taijutsu is different. Ninjukai Taijutsu is a living thing. It is a discipline that has no boundary and is infinite. Because it is alive, it is constantly in a state of fluidity and flow. Like flowing water, it continually blends in with its environment. It understands that no living thing can be a thing unto itself; it needs to strike a relationship and be in accord with its environment. So, Ninjukai understands that techniques per se are really of not much use unless we can see the relationship they need to cultivate with the environment"

"What is the syllabus, you may ask? How do we train our students? There are times when we are quite reluctant to use the word training, because it seems to imply a certain rigidity in approach and a methodised overview. Rather than use the word 'train', 'experience' would be more appropriate"

Has anyone read the posts by shhhhhhhhh?

After four years I just couldn't buy into this stuff any more.

Like I said, I am quite happy with my training regime, BJJ is great, and my MT instructor is trying to iron out the "ninjerisms" in my striking.:ninja7:

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 9:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac1918
    I can find the prcing out for you as for the quality of the students, I'd say the MT guys there are of a better quality.
    yeah thanks itll be cool if u canfind out the pricing and stuff u get for it (e.g facilities) erm can u also find out the per class price cos yeah...thanks in advance...oh yeah and if there r contracts :evil5:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast