Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    I'm under the impression that if you chart the athleticism of someone on a graph, it would be one of those curves that starts low, reaches peak in a certain range, and then returns to low. That peak point is different for everyone.

100 pounds more than me is 255. 255 is definitely on the 2nd slump after the peak.
    I dunno, there are tons of guys in World's Strongest Man that are significantly over 255, and still have an insane degree of athleticism. Mariusz Pudzianowski and Jesse Marunde (RIP) spring to mind immediately, as does Kevin Nee.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 8:01pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Sure. 10 pull ups from a dead hang.

Are you up for getting over a regular sized chain link fence in under 2 seconds too?

Just so you know, I'm don't like putting things like this up. Like I've mentioned before, I'm done competing with people, and the only reason I'm putting this up is for some reason I don't want people to think I'm full of ****.

A few notes: my camera doesnt handle sunlight, or roomlight very well. 10 pullups from all the way down was pretty rough, not sure if I could do a much larger set size than that atm. The fence is two layered (6" gap), we built that next to an existing fence, and coming back I had to find some safe boards to yank on less I destroy my neighboor's old fence.

[youtube]YouTube - PullJumpPushStand 20080820

And here's one for fun:
    [youtube]YouTube - Nemesai getting cracked

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 8:26pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work on the chin ups dude, I didn't expect you to post it but you did and clearly arn't full of ****.

No idea in hell what that second video is of? A boxing clip?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Nice work on the chin ups dude, I didn't expect you to post it but you did and clearly arn't full of ****.

No idea in hell what that second video is of? A boxing clip?
    Thanks.

The second clip was from my 9th amatuer fight. I scraped by with a decision win, but he caught me was some right hands along the way. Definitely a fight I didnt go home and celebrate, specially since I still had to fight 2 days later for the finals match, which I lost by dec.

For some reason watching myself get nailed like that makes me laugh. I dont know what the kid I had holding the camera did to get such bad glare, but ah well, what I get for asking an 8 year old to do the duty.

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 5:55am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About you out performing everyone even when they weight more than you Nemesai i would argue that if you put on 30 lbs of muscle you would outperform your current self in every way. It takes a huge amount of mass to start affecting the athletisism of an athelete, probably to the degree that many of us couldn't reach it if we wanted to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 8:43am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW guys.

I'm also taking up boxing to make up for Judo's lack of strikes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    About you out performing everyone even when they weight more than you Nemesai i would argue that if you put on 30 lbs of muscle you would outperform your current self in every way. It takes a huge amount of mass to start affecting the athletisism of an athelete, probably to the degree that many of us couldn't reach it if we wanted to.
    Really I've been having to make 152 pounds for amateur boxing, 141 in the last one, but that was insane. The next division up from 152 was 165, so at 152 I've enjoyed a nice height advantage over most of my opponents.

Now that I can close the book on boxing, I'll be working on building myself up a little bit each year. I need to sort out a good plan of going about it. Without eating restrictions, it's been like an eat-off at my house lately. Not always good food either, I don't eat fast food, but I can still crank off a plate of 3 hotdogs and chips, and be hungry again soon after.

On a side note, I've been accepted into the Navy Dive program, signed the confirmation papers today. But the earliest seat they could get me for Basic was June 22nd 09, so I've got a long time to do some good and get physically ready for lugging around some heavy equipment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tubemode12
    BTW guys.

I'm also taking up boxing to make up for Judo's lack of strikes.
    Boxing is great, but finding a good place to learn isnt easy. Make sure you get a place that'll care about you and give you proper sparring.

There are so many small nuances to fighting beyond just what the punches are and how to throw them, which is why you have to have the live sparring. And everyone takes a whole lot of ass whoopins before they turn the tide around.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567