Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2008 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Se-Jong TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodland
    Oh yeah, if one is vague enough, they could teach kickboxing, but that doesn't mean I like it!...
    Sorry my sarcasm was not strong enough to be detected. I don't like it either.
    A question: Do kickboxing clubs have belts in other countries? I've met a few instructors, and they wear black belts....
    I think some "systems" do have belts, but it's not regarded as a sign of a good school.
    No, it's not cardio kickboxing. For that they have their own program....This is kickboxing where you fight and all that...
    Could this explain the 15 and older requirement. Is there much contact in the TKD classes for kids?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2008 1:45pm

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kanegs
    I think some "systems" do have belts, but it's not regarded as a sign of a good school.
    Well a dude I met wore one, and he trained the junior european champ in light contact...Or soo he said, but I don't think they would've checked the guy's credentials if they let him have a seminar at a winter camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanegs
    Could this explain the 15 and older requirement. Is there much contact in the TKD classes for kids?
    Or for kids there hasn't been any contact when I left( or tjhe blue belts had light contact sparring without vests). Most wanted, but the instructor was too lazy to take out all the mats before the class( there were a lot of mats, a lot of kids, so if she ordered them to take out the mats they would obviously kid around, so it would take half the class just to set them up). But now they have a new training hall, where they can keep the mats on 24/7, so I dunno....
    But I still think 15 years is stupid, they let 13 year olds with only four lessons under their belt spar full contact WTF( or they're going full contact, the more experienced ones do hard contact, where they let som kicks come in), so I don't see why there has to be a 15 year age limit!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 10:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kick boxing comes in many styles...from tkd to karate ,muay ti,etc.....\\

basically if u add boxing to your tkd kicks your a kick boxer...or any style with kicks..here"s the way one of our classes go..

1.warm ups
    2.punching kicking practice
    3.forms
    4.one steps
    5.spar for 15 mintues change parnters every 2 mintues with 1 mintue breaks..

i have been doing kick boxing for 2 yrs and i can say i never have used the pretty kicks,.never really learn them didnt really care for it..

front kicks
    side kicks
    rib kicks with lead leg..
    head kicks..every once in awhile'
    maybe a hook kick every blue moon
    back kicks some
    most kick boxing matches are fast paced with alot of punching,..,.u must learn to keep hands up all the time no matter what..lmao

we also use the leg kicks and sweeps..sweeps work real well until u over use it..my ribs are still sore as heck..

we have a local fight here about every 3 months mma and kickboxing ...about have the mma guys have trained in tkd and bjj...i have seen every style win and seen every style get beat...train hard in any art u take....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 2:08pm

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerp
    kick boxing comes in many styles...from tkd to karate ,muay ti,etc.....\\

basically if u add boxing to your tkd kicks your a kick boxer...or any style with kicks..here"s the way one of our classes go..

1.warm ups
    2.punching kicking practice
    3.forms
    4.one steps
    5.spar for 15 mintues change parnters every 2 mintues with 1 mintue breaks..

i have been doing kick boxing for 2 yrs and i can say i never have used the pretty kicks,.never really learn them didnt really care for it..

front kicks
    side kicks
    rib kicks with lead leg..
    head kicks..every once in awhile'
    maybe a hook kick every blue moon
    back kicks some
    most kick boxing matches are fast paced with alot of punching,..,.u must learn to keep hands up all the time no matter what..lmao

we also use the leg kicks and sweeps..sweeps work real well until u over use it..my ribs are still sore as heck..

we have a local fight here about every 3 months mma and kickboxing ...about have the mma guys have trained in tkd and bjj...i have seen every style win and seen every style get beat...train hard in any art u take....
    Yes it comes in several styles, but when you say kickboxing, 90% of the people mean the kickboxing system. They don't mean: We train Taekwondo and have adapted it to kickboxing rules.

On a sidenote, I met an awesome guy from the old club, and he told me that even though he might take the classes, he didn't have high hopes. Because they have only had a few seminars. Good to know that the people there aren't like those instructor nutriders you see a few places
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12