Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha, those guys are kinda cool...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:31pm

Style: shotokai/bjj/MT/ex-BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanna train there, shame it's so far away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 1:45pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so they claim to be teaching "Bansenshukai Ninjutsu." Since that is not one of the established schools associated with Ninjutsu I tossed it into Google and found

http://www.bansenshukaininjutsu.org/

The Bansenshukai Ninjutsu organization was founded in 2006 by three martial artists who desired a system of Ninjutsu designed around the threats of today. Disappointed with the lack of contemporary Ninjutsu training, they combined their knowledge along with other resources to develop a system worthy to be called "The Art of Perseverance."

The name Bansenshukai not only refers to the 17th century text from which we trace our principles, but is also symbolic. At a time when the art was fading, the Bansenshukai compiled the different skills of Ninjutsu. Those skills have been compiled again; however, Bansenshukai Ninjutsu has compiled them with the 21st century practitioner in mind.

Considerable time was spent consulting professionals in their fields to create a comprehensive system for contemporary self-protection and survival situations. Incorporating the technology, legality, and adrenal stress of modern conflicts, Bansenshukai Ninjutsu is designed for those in search of practical Ninjutsu applications for daily life in a modern world.
    Gotta tell you that doesn't instill confidence. The main reason for saying that is that they at no time explain who they studies ninjutsu with nor what the actual lineage of their organization is. Secondary reasons have to do with the people/schools they link to who similarly seem to have some issues with just who and how they came by their training.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 2:08pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The clips on their homepage looked to me like they are very compliant demos. They seem to like a lot of gimmicky flying grappling moves, too. The most impressive thing to me was the wall running.

But... as someone who used to do BBT and now does MMA, hats off to them for sparring, modernizing, and saying to hell with the politics.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    Okay, so they claim to be teaching "Bansenshukai Ninjutsu." Since that is not one of the established schools associated with Ninjutsu I tossed it into Google and found

http://www.bansenshukaininjutsu.org/

Gotta tell you that doesn't instill confidence. The main reason for saying that is that they at no time explain who they studies ninjutsu with nor what the actual lineage of their organization is. Secondary reasons have to do with the people/schools they link to who similarly seem to have some issues with just who and how they came by their training.
    Meh. The fact they may in fact having at all to do with the Bujinkan is fine by me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 7:17pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It truly is a small world.

A dude from this ninjutsu school also trains with me in BJJ. (Of course, ninjers talk.)

The training sounds solid. In other words, the higher belts at least go full contact on a frequent basis.

I want to try them once I develop my strikes...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:18pm

Style: Confused variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must have missed something, the link to the video of this ninjistu only showed compliant training, practicing wrist throws etc with what looked to me like a cooperative partner?
    Looked like standard bujinkan TRAINING, Didnt look alive to me? Maybe I need glasses?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 10:10am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never visited the school but I do know, as of at least a few years ago, that one of the main instructors was competing in MMA, not sure if it was amateur or Pro, but he was competing.
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12