Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 11:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blazing Sun Fitness, Billerica MA

Anyone ever heard of Blazing Sun Fitness in Billerica MA, or any of the instructors? After doing a traditional CMA school for awhile, I thought this place might offer me more fighting time/experience, and an ability to get a taste of multiple styles. It's the closest gym like this to me and a reasonable rate - you can take as many classes per week of any style you want for a flat rate per month.

I'm also interested in thoughts on the whole JKD thing. JKD seems like there'd be opportunities for scams. The guy teaching JKD says he trained with Richard Bustillo for 10 yrs to get certified - I directly asked what being certified entailed to make sure it wasn't a buy-in program.

www.blazingsunfitness.com

Thanks for the feedback ...

Scanz

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2008 5:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why dont you go check it out? Its not a buy in program. and its one of the very few places within 20-30 miles of Billerica that does MMA. Blazing sun when they choose to go to naga usually places 3rd in the team NO Gi, which is pretty good considering they only have about 5 guys who go. Chuck is mostly a boxer but he knows muay thai, and some submission wrestling. One of there heavyweights is a champion in a small MMA org. Rob is a great wrestler, very hands on roll with anyone. and Scott is a good muay thai instructor. if ur around that area and want to do BJJ aldo batissa is the only one around here with black belt from ze mercello

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2008 8:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually went last night to one of Chuck's Muay Thai classes. It was a pretty good workout. I haven't worked that hard in a few years. I'm gonna check out the MMA class on Sat and then the JKD class on Thrs. It's night and day from the CMA school I was at previously. In a way, the amount of intensity in the training is a little intimidating, but it's good to be around people who are serious about being good fighters. I figure that a place like this would probably better prepare my mind for a real situation - and I'm of the opinion that alot of fighting is mental to start. As cheesy as it sounds, I think it takes a certain courage (or craziness) to train at a place that's not flowery, for lack of a better adjective.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wats ur name? i'll be there saturday i think, or friday night around 7pm for rob's wrestling class?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 10:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sean. I'm not sure I'm interested in working wrestling yet, but I plan on going Thrs for JKD and Sat for MMA to start. Once I get in a little better shape, I may stay around for other stuff on those days, or add Wed Muay Thai consistently. I'm mostly into the standup stuff for now. Anyway, I'll be there Saturday and will probably stand out as the new guy.

Hope to see ya.

Sean