Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: short fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the guys from london would like to come to the oct 19th throwdown. it says that it is an ages 10 and up throwdown. It is a long drive and I just wanted to make sure that this is going to be a throwdown and not just a 'family' point tournament or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 2:06pm

Style: JKD Concepts / FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I expect a throwdown, i don't know of any kids that will be fighting...i know that the instructor at the Hopkido school wanted to have some of his younger students there...I don't think that means you have to fight them.

It will be a throwdown, my guys will be there as well as others, and we know that you guys like to get it there and fight, so we will look forward to throwing down with you guys.

Also we sparred with some friends of the host at the last throwdown...hard hitters for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya just a little more detail....we have 19 fighters confirmed on facebook 'toronto throwdown group' and many others who whould like to come....i recognise most of the faces, good people, they'll give you a challenge.....

And if you saw the Host, i'm pretty sure he'll offer a challenge as well.

=)

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 12:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: short fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun times guys, thanks! Thank you to the host too, great atmosphere.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 12:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah fer fak sakes I forgot about this. Why didn't anyone remind me......

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2008 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgot about it as well...

hey shawn, nice video. any chance we can see some more of the raw un-edited footage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 11:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have it round here somewhere...the raw video that is....i'm just overwelmed with stuff to do, so occupying my systems uploading is tough to schedule....still i will try to post some more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    East End Throwdown

As always, it was another great event. It was really good to get out of house and go to someone else’s school.

We had a good turn out, our friends from London’s Short Fist Kung Fu school showed up and Konan Jones at the Toronto Hapkido School was a great host, had some great people too. In fact this was the first Throwdown I know of where kids attended.

It is going to be interesting to see where these events lead. Our MMA guy went there and got his fight on for two hours, as we all did. It’s such a good opportunity to see how your training is coming along and what is common to all systems. There were MMA fights, standup, grappling and stick matches. It’s really exciting to see how everyone treats each other with such respect and learns from everything that happens.

Konan and I were talking about the benefits of these events, for the students the opportunity to test themselves physically and socially. How you handle yourself with an injury, or when you’ve won or when you’ve been owned. Everyone was shaking hands and hugging when their fights were done. It’s amazing how fighting in an environment like the Throwdown brings out the best in people. And for the businesses, the networking and interaction is strengthening this Toronto Martial Arts community. We were speculating on how strong this community was going to be, how integrated and familiar our fighters will be by the time MMA hits the mainstream in Ontario. We obviously have great people in the GTA and surrounding areas and we are only getting better by challenging each other.

I think that I will be hosting the next Throwdown at www.fightingartscollective.com on January 24 / 09. That is the date of our annual open house where the schools of the collective and many other external community groups get together and present themselves to each other. So there are all kinds of things going on, circus performances, choir recitals, solos singers, martial arts demos, test cutting with swords… and much more that you might not expect from a fighting arts facility. There is also a ‘pot-luck’ and a chili cook-off and beer, lots of beer.

So hopefully the next Throwdown will be a huge event for all of us, bring cards and flyers to promote your schools and join us for a great time. We will have many people from all over the city that will be blown away by the Throwdown activities and I think that everyone will be entertained when they are not fighting.

Thanks to everyone who made the East End Throwdown a huge success.

Shawn Zirger

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmmm. well i talked to some people about the open house throwdown concept and what we decided was that we can organise 30-40 min worth of fights with the Throwdown community. Any one who feels like fighting infront of an audience Jan 24 / 09 to represent our Throwdown community, please contact me through facebook or at my phone 416-892-9529. (if you have an idea of who you want to fight or at least your weight and type of fight that will be very helpful).

The idea is that we showcase the broader community that we participate in. so unfortunately we wont have the time and space to do a proper Throwdown at the openhouse.

Therefore maybe we should do something in Dec for all those people who want to do a regular one. Any feedback on a date for that would be appreciated.

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 3:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, sorry been injured, then sick.

We've been trying to keep this an 18+ event, due to liability issues. Let's leave the kids, girlfriends, family at home.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast