Posted On:
    8/12/2008 12:40pm

Style: JKD Concepts / FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TORONTO Throwdown!!! Oct. 2008

All right!

Lets get this started...i'm thinking the weekend of October 25- 26th 2008

So we need to decide on the Location, Date and Time.

We have a facebook group to help us organise 'Toronto Throwdown Group' join up and help us organize another terrific event.

Two weeks from now I want to be able to confirm the date time and location...I will wait till then and if no one has confirmed their location as the hosting location I will book www.fightingartscollective.com once again.

Go...

Shawn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Time and Date have been set:

October 19 / 2008 @ 6pm - 8:30pm

Toronto Shotokan / Academy of Hapkido Combat

Toronto, ON

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 1:49pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's...quite out of the way...

Questions:

-Will there be music?
    -Will the Queen streetcar get that far?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't say i know about music...and ya it's a bit out of the way...and smaller than say my place, but this is all about seeing who and what is out there.

I think the easiest way to get there is to get out to Victoria Park Station and take the southbound bus to Queen St. Google map the address if you want to see exactly where it is.

And hey it looks like we are also going to do something at Christy pits on Sept 19 / 2008, check it out on;
    Toronto Throwdown Group
    . (facebook)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 10:22pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKD CENTER
    Can't say i know about music...and ya it's a bit out of the way...and smaller than say my place, but this is all about seeing who and what is out there.

I think the easiest way to get there is to get out to Victoria Park Station and take the southbound bus to Queen St. Google map the address if you want to see exactly where it is.
    i grew up in the beach. Last i checked, many years ago, the Kingston Road 12 Bus south from Victoria Park station doesn't make it to Queen Street. you probably have to take one of the buses from Main, Woodbine, or Coxwell and then transfer to the 501 Streetcar. i haven't checked a map yet but i'd bet that the place is right at the end of the line.

Remember ...TTC = Take The Car

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I checked out the location.

You are right, gotta take the Queen Streetcar out to the end of the line.

Ah well sometimes ya gotta travel. I'm looking forward to seeing some other spaces and participants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way I added another event to the Toronto Throwdown Group (on facebook) a little fight and bbq on sept 13th in Christy Pitts.

Basicly cuz a bunch of people were asking for somthing in sept and it coincides with one of my buddies putting on a bbq. (good cook that one).

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 10:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys and Gals...I want to thank in advance anyone coming to my location - yes the facilities are smaller than most other throwdown locations but with and organised schedule things should go smoothly. The queen streetcar turns at the Neville Loop and we're right beside that stop. Alternatively you can make your way eastbond on the Bloor line to Main street and take the Main 64 South to queen and walk 5 minutes east to the club. There are lots of nice places to grab some food after or some drinks.

Looking forward to networking and meetig some of the other throwdown participants. I will be allowing my junior members to come watch and roll/spar so if anyone has kids who train and want to come they are more than welcome. Preferably 10 and up.
    Thanks again in advance.

Sah Bom - Konan Jones

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to the next Throwdown?

I am. but there is a new vid out there from the last throwdown...check it out.

YouTube - Summer Throwdown Toronto

One of my Students, made it.

Thanks Dom!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 10:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an amazing day we had at the Christy Pitts Throwdown...

A dozen people showed up and fought in the rain, on wet grass and mud. We had to modify everything we did to adapt to the environment. Kicking was riskier than ever and no one really wanted to go to the ground. Also there was no friction so every punch and every block slid, quickly off if the impact wasn't square.

Check facebook's 'toronto throwdown group' for vids and photos.

Thanks everyone who came and braved the elements, I know that it was an encouraging event for all of us and I look forward to doing another outdoor event in the dead of winter...but first the October Throwdown in the east end....

Haven't heard much lately about that...you guys coming? I think there will be very good attendance from the guys here at Fighting Arts Collective.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast