Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 11:39am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me too.

Checkity check yourself before you wreck yourself, brother.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 7:06pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, just for the hell of it I googled KICK, plus a few variations, and then Bill Wallace, and I couldn't find ANY information on a KICK orginization. I don't think it exists. It may have, at one time, but if it was still around (even back in 02), there should be SOMETHING online about it.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh, now you know why people don't talk about their training at work.
    Amen to that. I haven't mentioned it to anyone at my new job since I got so sick of it at my last one of people asking me about my "karate" or my cage fighting, of which I do neither.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take him to your mma gym and beat the **** out of him he obviously is looking for attention only and wont quit till someone kicks the **** out of him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to deal with similiar stuff at my old workplace. There was a guy who didn't actually work there, but came to deliver packages once a day, who ran a school that was BS. I had to listen to his BS all the time , but unlike the guy in your story, this guy was actually an OK person. Pretty funny and the sort of guy you could joke around with, so I really never wanted to call him out or embarass him outright.
    But It did get tiresome listening to him talk about how he had seven different blackbelts and ****.
    But, I've moved on to better things and don't work there anymore so I don't give a ****.

I say, if you really don't like the guy and he is a giant-sized douche - ask him to spar in front of a few other workers and watch him squirm. Don't do it in a challenging fashion, just be casual about it.
    " Hey, man,we are having some open mat time at the club if you want to drop by and do some sparring/rolling."
    Of course, he'll ask when and then come up with a reason he can't go on that day, so you suggest another day or say he can come by just about any time. You''ll make him look like the liar he is and people will know you asked him to play.
    Last edited by OZZ; 8/27/2008 1:20pm at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 1:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OZZ-I did challenge him to come to my school, he backed out because he says he has a back injury. The dude eats like crap-macdonalds and ****, and he lies about EVERYTHING in life, so pretty much everyone there knows he's full of **** and hates him.
    --------------------------------------------
    THE HORRIBLE END RESULT OF THIS STORY:
    I lost my job to him. Or..I quit. Listen, so I did sales for this company, Armchem. I was a salesman. I hated doing this really, but I'm good at it and it payed well.
    This kid frank had been hired on by an 'efficiency expert', a consultant just like the Bob's in Office Space. This 'Bob' had actually been given total control of my department, which sucks for everyone involved. The Bob is a giant douche.

So here's the kicker; last week I took vacation. My first time ever with well over a year at this company. While I'm away, the day after I leave in fact, the Bob decides to give all of my accounts to Frank and let him call them. This, after he couldn't make one sale in 3 weeks cold-calling people. He decided that with my potential, I should be doing something more productive and he can just let frank mindlessly dial my accounts to take reorders because that's what he's good at; being mindless. Alot of people there are thinking now that the bob knew frank long beforehand, that they are in cahoots and he brought him here to work under him under the guise of being a freshly hired employee.
    So I get back from vacation, and the Bob tells me I won't be managing my accounts anymore . He talks to me like I'm his bitch. No, no no, he says, and that he has basically promoted my against my will. He now wants me to hire, train, run, and write a script for an entirely new cold-calling department, because I once did it in the past at another job. He wants me to do all of this, (his job, really), with no extra incentive for me. To reiterate, all of the clients I developed ande managed over the last year were given to this pathlogically lying chubby-ass Frank guy while I was on vacation, behind my back. The owner of the company ( a snake in the grass), says he agrees with Bob that I will be much more useful as a manager. But did any of these schmucks ask me? Offer me more money? No.

Today , after a few days trying to make this **** work, cold-calling for this bastard trying to develop a script and whatnot- I quit my job.
    A half hour later, I got another one.
    In november, I join the fire academy and I move away from all of this sales bullshit forever.

I can't wait. My grandfather was a fire fighter, and his name is my middle name. My dying grandmother was very pleased when I told her of this decision. Ironically, I had already decided this firefighter thing just last week over my vacation, and all this nonsense just happened to go on right now- completely justifying my decision.

Also I'm having my first pro mma fight sometime next year, under the coaching of my instructor Wilson Gouveia.

Boy, I sure didn't expect this thread to turn out this way. Such is life.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 8/27/2008 1:59pm at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 2:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You:
    -Quit a shitty job
    -Got a new one
    -Are going into firefighting
    -Have a pro fight coming up

That's ridiculous.

:bowdown:

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 4:09pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait... You worked with a bunch of people doing cold call sales? And you were surprised that one of those people was a deceptive liar?

I did sales for about a year after college until I realized it was sucking out my soul. Trust me, you have made a good career change.

And good luck on your first pro fight.

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 5:18pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    You:
    -Quit a shitty job
    -Got a new one
    -Are going into firefighting
    -Have a pro fight coming up

That's ridiculous.

:bowdown:

^^^ What he said, this story had a great ending. Company that you used to work for will suffer as a result of you leaving (lets hope) and you don't have to deal with some lying fucktard ever again, ... although these people tend to pop up now and again, I seem to have collected one at my current job.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2008 6:05pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeesh. You got a new job though, grats bro.

But this type of situation is why I stop talking MA, or about anything I train in at work, or at parties. I work at a local YMCA, and of course I heard a few guys there 'trained in BJJ and that MMA stuff', so of course I talked some jits with them, got some wierd vibes, rolled with them in the gym with some mats, and almost broke out laughing. Suckass noobs. And of course they are like zomg, you must be close to black belt, and I am like STFU noob, Im a white belt, and you dont train in BJJ or MMA so dont say you do.

Or they just start BS'ing about their instructors, or where they train(zomg krotty!) and I just roll my eyes and tell them to shut it. I did win $20 bucks though the other day. Some guy thought he could get out of any of those ' pansy submission holds' if he wanted to, so I bet him $20 bucks and armbarred the fucker. One pop and he tapped. People are dumb, and liars always exist.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast