8/12/2008 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    sadly, there's no "fight dodger" tag for the real world
    Okay, here's the game plan.

Design yourself a fancy stylized "FIGHT DODGER" graphic. Put it on a background of camo, chain link, barbed wire, steel plates - the more cliche and over-the-top, the better. Bonus points if you put in a silhouette of a guy in full sprint wearing boxing gloves somewhere on it.

Next, get it silkscreened onto a pair of T-shirts - one your size, and one his.

Now you have to convince him to wear it. You could wear it to the office one day, and talk it up - tell him it's "kind of like Tapout", that you got it from a tournament, that it's the stuff of legend, whatever. Then you tell him that you've got another one at home, but it's too big to fit you, and you'd be willing to part with it. The next day, you bring his in.

Finally, make sure to get a picture taken with him when he's wearing the shirt (and you're not). Insist he try it on to "make sure it fits" or something. Double secret bonus points if you're pointing at the "FIGHT DODGER" across his chest in the photo and he's grinning like an idiot.

You know you want to.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:03pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    If this guy runs his mouth as much as you say he does, most likely, one of your co-workers will ask him why he doesn't fight you.

My advice, sit tight and wait for him to hang himself with his own rope. Don't do anything that could endanger your job, especially offering to fight him anywhere on or near company property.

Continue to politely invite him to ATT to train, preferably with other people present. If he doesn't stop prevaricating, most people will see through his bullshit.

Guys like this always hang themselves. Sit back and enjoy the show.
    Will do, sir.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you asked yourself why you really care if the people you work with think this guy is as good as you, or you as bad as you think he probably is? You know your skill level - why do you care what your co-workers think or don't think about it? Just seems like a lot of work over what should be nothing...

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because the approval of a telemarketer is paramount.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:43pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dudes, you guys are missing the whole point. It had nothing to do with approval from anybody, nor what my coworkers think or anything like that. I'm not too concerened with what people think, not trying to prove anything.

This kid is just annoying as hell, in general, and I want him to shut the **** up.

Just on principle.

Anyways, I'm over it.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 8/12/2008 3:46pm at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Dudes, you guys are missing the whole point. It had nothing to do with approval from anybody, nor what my coworkers think or anything like that. I'm not too concerened with what people think, not trying to prove anything.
    I only asked because of the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    Are you pissed because the people at work are associating you and he because of a perceived "mutual interest"?
    And you responded...

Yea, that's all.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 3:59pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standing RNC by the water cooler, problem solved.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 4:00pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make him BLEED!!!!

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyways, I'm over it.
    Until his next stupid lie. This guy is under your skin, BM. Every breath he draws is going to piss you off.

However, others are right. He's an ass and his days will be numbered because he won't just be bullshitting about this. He's gonna bullshit about anything that makes him feel important. Then he will **** up and try to blame everyone/thing around him. The fact that everyone there hates him already is a good sign.

This could be worth loads of entertainment for you. Hell, I'd start a pool for how long it takes for the Jewish grandmother to lose it on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 4:24pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This kid is just annoying as hell, in general, and I want him to shut the **** up.

Just on principle.

Anyways, I'm over it.
    So why do you keep telling us how having your co-workers place you and Frankie in the same boat is pissing you off then?

You know he is full of **** and obviously never going to fight you. Stop whining like a little bitch and contradicting yourself. Just admit, you take pride in your ma training and dislike being compared to a lying asswhipe. keep training and most importantly prove "I'm over it," by stfu.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast