Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 7:58am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help trying to bust a phony punk

So we got this new kid at work. He does telemarketing.

He's really starting to piss me off. His second day here, he says to me: "Hey man, Malik told me you do martial arts. I fight in the UFC"

Monkey: Huh? The UFC?

Punk-ass: No, no. The IFC.

Monkey: Oh...

Punk-ass: Yea, my record is 13-3 (or somethin).

Monkey: Good ****, man! We'll have to talk more about that later for sure.

Lunchtime rolls around, and this kid follows me outside and asks if he can go to lunch with me. He's older than me, but I still call him 'kid' because he doesn't seem very bright. So I let him come to publix with me to get a sub, no problem really. I mean, he's kind of annoying just in a dumb, nice way, but I can stand to put up with him for a bit- especially if he's a pro fighter.

We start talking, and things just aren't clicking. He can't come train for free on open mat at american top team because all of his gear got stolen. When I tell him he doesn't need gear anyways and I have extra, he says he hurt his back. Then I ask him where he trains out of. He lists the name of a karate school. A frickin karate school. He says he does all of his mma training from there. Things proceed to not click- his understanding of the fight game, of very basic techniques, of well-known fighters, etc., and all and all he just doesn't seem like a fighter. He seems like a pathological liar. Oh, and he went back and said he DID IN FACT FIGHT IN THE UFC. On undercard fights. "Back then man, it was much easier to get into. Nowadays it's gotta be really hard to get in the UFC, but back then everybody was doing it." To make things worse, he gave me and everybody at work his nickname; Frank "hollywood" Gusmano.

So we get back and I check sherdog;
    http://sherdog.com/fightfinder.php?f...me=&search=yes

Surprise, surprise- nothing.

I check through all of the 'Frank's, in any organization at all, in case I got the last name wrong. It's not there either.

So I let it go for a couple of days, but I tell everyone behind his back he's full of **** when they say "Hey that new kid fights like you do!". Now, today I tell him hes gotta come talk to me outside and I confront him on it.

Punk-ass: " I don't know why I wasn't on there. I fought 6 fights in the UFC. This was back in 2002"

Monkey: If you fought in 2002 it would be on the website, or at least show up somewhere. You said before you had 13 something fights.

Punk-ass: No, I had 13 mma fights, Only 6 in the ufc. Those were in the world Pan-am karate tournaments. Hey, maybe I can find some videos or something. I don't have anything to prove, I know what I did.

Monkey: Well bring those videos in then, because I think your full of ****. Either bring the videos in, or quit running your mouth about it to everyone.

--------------------------------

Here's where you all come in: is there a palce to go where I can check the 'pan am' world karate tournaments? I know it's bullshit, I'm convinced because this kid is a fucking liar about everything in life, but I still want to hand him proof and watch his reaction.

Also, besides mixedmartialarts.com and sherdog, where else can you check fighter records?

Thanks guys.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 7:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh oh, I put this in the wrong forum. Oops. Mods, move please.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 8:09am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Uh oh, I put this in the wrong forum. Oops. Mods, move please.
    Nice Avatar... What do you do, have a camera on your toes???

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 8:12am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't you already busted him since you called bs on him and he can't produce video or any other type of verification? Also did he name anyone as his trainers?

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 8:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Haven't you already busted him since you called bs on him and he can't produce video or any other type of verification? Also did he name anyone as his trainers?
    Pretty much did bust him, yea. He said he'd 'get back to me with videos'.

He named some karate guy.

What I'm looking for, I guess, is a way to further bust him. It's probably not necessary, I guess I could just let it go but it just pisses me off. Everyone saying, "Hey, Frank is a fighter just like you"...y'know?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 8:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread title=Irony in the BBC by Budo.

Seriously two things.

That little yellow button, with the exclamation point, is your friend. Report the post (I already did).

No cursing in the thread titles.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm looking for, I guess, is a way to further bust him. It's probably not necessary, I guess I could just let it go but it just pisses me off. Everyone saying, "Hey, Frank is a fighter just like you"...y'know?
    Why do you really care what he says? I know I am adding nothing to this thread but it seems like you really shouldn't give a crap if this guy says he is a UFC fighter - you called him out and he will either give you the evidence you asked for or not...

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm looking for, I guess, is a way to further bust him.
    Ask him for details about his fights. Who he fought, where and when he fought them. This will work best if you do it in front of a buddy who is suitably skeptical.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Nice Avatar... What do you do, have a camera on your toes???
    Hmmm... she looks Asian...

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask can you train with him at his karate dojo. I'm betting thats a lie too so it should put an end to his fantasy when you tell everyone he doesn't even train.
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast