Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 7:52pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Paul Zaichik's (ElasticSteel) Grappling Drills

Check this out. I think someone's dreams have been asnwered.

http://uk.YouTube - BJJ UFC MMA TRAINING AND CONDITIONING

I am not afrait to say. I like this guys stuff and I have a feeling this will be good.
    He never released the kicking videos I was wating for, but this makes up for it.

Also check this out :)
    YouTube - Kicking Instructional DVD Preview
    Last edited by odorblocker; 10/25/2008 8:19am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 10:51pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you think could have find a better thread title? It doesn't mean anything nor conveys any information regarding the video.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 8:58am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather buy Phil Migliarese's new DVD, since he's an ultra-legit BJJ blackbelt and my instructor knows him personally and has told me he's an awesome yogi as well. It comes out soon, and I saw somewhere that you could pre-order it, but I was too lazy to google it for you. It's called something way more "extreme" than Elastic Steel, I think "Yoga for Fighters"

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 9:04am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sitting here watchin this guy go through the kama sutra with the invisible woman, and all I can say is:

**** that.

I'm trying to grapple here, not get my ass tickled by poltergeist.

Thanks, though.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 8/13/2008 9:07am at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    I'm sitting here watchin this guy go through the kama sutra with the invisible woman, and all I can say is:

**** that.

I'm trying to grapple here, not get my ass tickled by poltergeist.

Thanks, though.

I wish to contribute nothing to this thread other than to state that your avatar hypnotises me and I wish to locate it's source.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's like the penguin's umbrella.
    Except waaaaay sexier.

One day, I'm gonna change my avatar back to a picture of myself and all of you guys are gonna look like giant faggots when people are reading back over the posts.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 2:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats basically a crude amateur version of Grappler's Toolbox.(not the photo, that is delux)
    Last edited by rucass; 8/13/2008 2:09pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately I can't watch youtube clips at work (f* office firewalls :biblethum:)

Can someone gimme the skinny on what the bloody hell this video is all about? Thank's to the OP's notably outstanding choice of a thread title I cannot tell if this is TEH one video with crucial info that'll turn me into a mean killing machine, or if indeed it's the answer to my dreams (meaning, it's a video of baby-oil drenched Salma Hayek, Jennifer Aniston and Evan Longoria going at it.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of stretching and odd abdominal and weak lower body bodyweight excercises which appear to be an attempt to simulate the muscles used during certain grappling movements, unfortunately not performed by an oiled-up hottie of any kind.

Nothing special.

Just a bunch of air-humping.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 8/13/2008 3:11pm at .

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 3:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Can someone gimme the skinny on what the bloody hell this video is all about?
    Here is my expert analysis:
    1) The video shows clips of someone doing a few stretches.
    2) The person who made the video thinks their stretching routine is more suited to fighters than most other stretching routines.
    3) The clips of stretching in this video are probably from a DVD that the person who made said video wants us to buy.

Who is the guy? Are any of his claims correct? Mysteries like this course in magic rivers throughout the universe. Or maybe my work firewall blocks YouTube as well, and so I'm working from memory.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast