Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Several states are giving the the middle figure to Washington

It started with a bunch of states being vocal about the Patriot Act which pissed on the Bill of Rights and gives the government the right to arrest a person in secret and detain them for an unlimited period of time without a lawyer and without facing witness.

Then Americans who knew that our ancestors fought and died for REAL freedom gave the middle finger to that idiotic color coded terrorists alert system that John Ashcroft had some elementary school kids come up with using only a box of crayons and some construction paper.

Now states are adding drug costs to the middle finger backbone, telling Washington they arent going to stand for super billionaire drug companies complaining about money. How DOES a guy that makes $350 million a year justify jacking up prices anyway?

Check this story out:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...today/12062119
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 10:28am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the exception of a couple issues, I do like the spirit of giving the federal gov't the middle finger. That's precisely what states are supposed to be able to do. Hell, states can have their own official *religion* if they want. In fact Massachussets used to have one. Now federal judicial activism is trampling that rather important provision into the ground (state sovereignty in general). See the 10 Commandments debacle in Alabama. It doesn't matter where ya stand on that personally, that was not to be a FEDERAL issue. That goes for lots of thing. Regardless of where ya stand, abortion is not a federal issue. Gay marriage is not a federal issue. Controlled substances are not to be federal issue. The *control* of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is not to be a federal issue. They shouldn't be, at least. What the constitution doesn't specifically touch on, it's up the states.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 10:39am

Style: Taiji quan yang style ("cheng fu" and "lu chan"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee, are you testing our political beliefs ?

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, just giving some good topics for discussion. For too long we've been told to NOT discuss 2 things: politics and relegion. These are 2 things that have TREMENDOUS influence over our lives and theres no logical reason NOT to discuss them.

With Bush and Ashcroft taking a steaming piss on our rights with that Patriot Act and giving away MILLIONS in tax breask to the wealthiest in the country while guys like you and me PAY its time people were told about this stuff.
    call me a troublemaker, libruhl, hippie or anything else you want. I'm actually a progressive. I dont want to give money to people for nothing but I also dont want good people to starve on an unbalanced playng field while powerful people continue to gain power at the expense of everyone else.

Did you know that the latest package that the Bush administration is trying to rush through will deny overtime to millions of Americans? Do you know how our fathers and grandfathers had to bust their BALLS to get overtime?
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 12:58pm

Style: none yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, states can have their own official *religion* if they want. In fact Massachussets used to have one
    Ohhhh that caught my attention. I'm Canadian, but I was reading the US constitution one time, and I noticed that loophole... 'congress shall pass no law etc' and I thought, congress is federal so does that mean states/cities can do it? (look at Utah hahahaha)

I saw this quote once in a conversation about the 'patriot' act:

'...the consciousness of being at war, and therefore in danger, makes the handing-over of all power to a small caste seem the natural, unavoidable condition of survival.'
    George Orwell - 1984

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Canadian eh?
    Now your talking :)

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 4:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Patriot act is yucky.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 5:17am

Style: Gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1984 is the best book ever; I just hope it¡¯s not prophetic. Thought the economic system in the book is communist, Oceana (was that the name?) has more in common with modern US than anywhere else. I saw this years ago, now with Bush the resemblance is glaring.

People think it¡¯s not possible the good old US of A, because we ¡®think for ourselves¡¯, we¡¯re ¡®informed¡¯, and our media is ¡®free¡¯, or because I can call Rumsfield a dickhead if I want to. Besides, America is a euphemism for freedom, so it just couldn¡¯t happen. In China at least everyone knows the government controls the media.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 5:28am

Style: Gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The federal government started weak, but has been growing and growing ever since. War isn't the only reason people throw power at the ruling class, though. The strategy of the civil rights movement was to draw national attention to local issues to get the federal government to step in. Was it worth it? Maybe in that case.

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 1:56pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by brandeissansoo
    Patriot act is yucky.
    Geez Brand, I am beginning to believe you are having some serious gender identity issues here. First, your Avatar is female, and now you are using such femine slang as 'yucky'. Are there some issues you need to air?
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast