Sponsored Links Spacer Image

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something tells me that Wanderlei is not interested in gaining some weight to fight up for Lesnar anytime soon...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:07am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DO YA SEE ME NOW?!?

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:19am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say that the surprise of the night for me was Florian. Goddamn boy, I didn't give you a chance vs. the Sports Illustrated Kid (and about the only UFC fighter with nice ink). And Flo looked about 15 pounds lighter. Jesus man, Flo had heat-seakers on those gloves or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:35am

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really wasn't all that impressed with Lesnar. The man is a friggin' tank, and he controlled Herring pretty much the entire match. However, with all his domination, he didn't seem to know how to finish his opponent.

The times he went for a choke, it almost looked like his arms were too big to fit under Herring's neck.

I think Brock still has a good chance of getting caught by someone with superior submission skills.

(However, I watched the match with the biggest Brock Lesnar nutrider in the universe, so his constant gushing might have colored my viewpoint.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:51am

Style: CMA/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found it hilarious that Herring's defense for the clueless Brock was 'GIVE UP YOUR BACK, BROCK CAN'T DO **** ANYWAYS!'

And yeah... Brock's lack of respect for a fellow fighter was kind of disheartening. I'm hoping he gets paired up with better competition so he can be humbled more. It's just my personal opnion, but honestly, his performance wasn't really classy... It was pretty much just ONE MASSIVE LUCKY PUNCH, a guillotine attempt, and then laying on Herring while throwing mad punches, getting extremely dominate positions and then being unable to finish, etc. etc.

Then he makes a big deal of a subpar performance. He's got loads of potential, but he wastes it by being a dick. <_<;

On the other hand, the GSP vs. Fitch fight was awesome. Fitch has got loads of heart and an awesome chin... GSP threw so many crazy things at Fitch and Fitch just kept inside and even landed a few nice shots of his own. I forsee Fitch becoming a serious contender in the future, possibly! And lets not forget, GSP was extremely respectful to Fitch. It was a nice change after seeing Lesnar. Even his "His loss was good for him thing" seems to be said in good sport. After all, GSP has said before that his loss to Matt Serra was one of the best moments of his life. (Or something to that effect)

Honestly, all the fights in the card were awesome. There was never a dull moment! For me, anyways. I know what I'll be watching again tomorrow...

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 2:08am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP's hands have significantly improved. He used to just step forward and throw that 1-2-kick over and over but he made a concerted effort to stay in the pocket and counter with beautiful combos. The jab was very sharp and accurate as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 2:19am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as i mentioned in the other thread, i think Lesnar had multiple chances to mount Heath's back and pound the crap out of him. don't get why he didn't.

edit: i gotta start refreshing before i hit the reply button.
    Last edited by ronaldk; 8/10/2008 2:22am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 2:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was the first time I actually bought a UFC PPV. I usually wait for it to be uploaded via a torrent site, but this card was too good. I had to see it live.

And I'm glad I did.

The Maia / MacDonald was the fight of the night. The first round was classic. Sad to see Jason lose. I was really impressed with Maia's BJJ. Very smooth.

KenFlo could have ended his match with Huerta on so many occasions. Roger is a tough SOB, so I'll cut Kenny some slack. He definitely put a stamp on the fight in the last minute of round three. Knees, knees, knees. I wouldn't mind watching a rematch.

I picked Jones to beat Gusmao, then changed my mind at the last minute. ****.

Kongo knocked the shut out of the viking guy. Hah.

Manny got caught being an idiot. You have no fucking reach, don't go swinging wildly like a maniac right away, you fucking moron. You deserved to get KO'ed like a bitch, bitch.

Herring disappointed me. What a fucking surprise. Lesnar is a dick. His wife looked like an anatomically correct doll.

GSP looked pretty good against Fitch. Completely outclassed him in every way. Fitch has heart though. A weak-ass chin, but heart.

Overall, it was a good card.

Submission of the night: Maia's rear naked choke on MacDonald.

KO of the night: Emerson. Knocked Manny 'The bitch' out cold. Dig it,

Fight of the night: Maia v. MacDonald. Can't wait to watch it again and again. Especially that great first round.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 6:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go Maia! Three matches in UFC, three Sub of the Night awards.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 7:13am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asiliftmeup
    Fitch has heart though. A weak-ass chin, but heart.
    What the hell were you watching?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast