Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/14/2008 9:55am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a debut pro fighter I wouldn't expect much of a pay out unless you know the promoter. Best offers I have had are up in Canada. I am just lucky to have fought for a couple stand up promotions and they are great at getting my name out to well paying promoters and managment teams.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, that's a lot of amateur MMA fights. That's pretty rare in these parts.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 12:49pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong. I think amateur MMA fights aren't officially sanctioned in our state, Darkson. I'll find the website somewhere....

I believe ammy-muay thai is ok, pro muay thai is ok, pro mma is ok, ammy mma- is not.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did one ammy MMA in Georgia. I heard that they just passed ammy MMA in Florida. I heard some shows were in the works before the end of the year.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 1:51pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I intend to go pro by the end of the year. Wanted to give it a good run first to see how it effected my life, family, job and what not.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 2:10pm

Style: VAJ, Sei Shin Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Colorado most fighters get paid on the Money to SHOW and money to WIN. The average for a beginner is $300 to show and $100 to win. Somtimes it's more and sometimes it's less. Either way it nowhere compares to boxing. Beginning boxers will pull in usually $500 for a first time pro. A couple fights later and there up at the $1,000 level.

As you move along to the bigger shows the differences are bigger. I've seen some of the payouts on the UFC and some of these guys are pulling in $5,000 to $14,000 to show with matching to win. There are also bonuses for knockouts and submissions. Lets say a guy fighting in the UFC wins his match gets paid $14,000 to show, $14,000 to win and then gets a $10,000 bonus for a knockout. That's $38,000 for the biggest show in MMA. Comparatively, a boxer fighting on a lower level ShowBox on Showtime is guaranteed at least $100,000 just to fight. Pay per view boxers get within the Millions.

Right now MMA purses aren't even on the same level as boxing. Maybe one day, but not at the moment.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123