Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 1:25am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 4:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just wanted to say to the guys who dont believe in the bible: you're so going to hell...:-p

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 6:34am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDavis
    What part of his article gave you the impression that he did ITF TKD? You're actually somewhat correct. My understanding is that he studied TKD under a master (In Shik Kim) who taught the WTF Pal-Gwe forms up blue belt, I believe 4th Kup. According to some local martial artists, he dropped out, and got a mail order black belt certification. I have friends who trained with him and know for a fact that he included ITF hyungs in his curriculum when he taught back in the 90's.

Are you from Sioux City?
    He spelt it Taekwon-Do
    Only the ITF say taekwon-do. The rest say taekwondo. Sadly, I have never been to the states...

Quote Originally Posted by DanDavis
    A student comes to the Dojang, puts on their Dobak and learns a martial art (probably one with “Do” in its name, such as Taekwon-Do), from the Sensei. Nothing wrong with that, but if we say it as it literally means, we see a problem.
    Last edited by Fodland; 8/10/2008 6:37am at .

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 3:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    The only way in which his opinion is even remotely considerable is if you assume Jesus was real... :biblethum

Unfortunately (for him, and for people like him), that's an opinion supported by much less evidence than is readily available for the reality of Santa Claus. "Because the Bible says so," and forgeries in historical records written centuries after he allegedly lived, do not a watertight case make...

So, if we re-engage our common sense and our critical thinking, we can immediately see that not only is he full of **** on the religious angle, but he's obviously in need of learning a bit more about Asian language before he starts talking out of his ass with piss-poor mistranslations and over-simplifications. He's just another mono-lingual American trying to sound intelligent and failing epically while doing so.

:angry4:
    Matt,

I apologize for not bringing this up the first time I responded to your post. I actually just thought of this today. Based on your use of critical thinking, couldn't/shouldn't Sifu Starr's account of his relationship with the late W.C. Chen be just as questionable as the existence of Jesus Christ? If you look through "The Making of a Butterfly," there isn't even a single photo of Master Chen. I believe someone remarked on another thread/site about how convenient it was that Sifu Starr claims to be Chen's only living student and nobody seems to know where any of Chen's relatives are or if he has any.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodland
    He spelt it Taekwon-Do
    Only the ITF say taekwon-do. The rest say taekwondo. Sadly, I have never been to the states...
    I see, Grasshopper.

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 11:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    I'd rather live my life as I see fit and not worry about what will happen after I expire based on a fairytale. If there actually is a Jesus, Heaven, etc then I will charge him for back child support and not being there when I actually did believe in him.
    Exactly.

Can I get an amen?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345