Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 9:30am

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We did indeed get a bronze which I wasn't counting on. I hope it means that more support will be given by SportUK to TKD in line for the 2012 games. Can't wait for those games, after the grand opening and closing ceremonies of the Beijing games I think it's going to be very hard not come away looking cheap!

Over all I actually thought the TKD in the Olympics this year wasn't too bad, certinaly not compared with previous years at any rate. It still has a way to go before becoming a fan favourite though, but its getting there.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 9:56am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar
    That Cuban gave TKD a big black eye , negative publicity is not a good thing,
    There's no such thing as bad publicity. As long as they spell the name right!

If you need to look at things a bit differently, the Cuban gave TKD a boost in arm. Unless your country was in a medal match nobody was watching, TKD, Judo, or wrestling. I was watching the live TKD feed on TV at the time, waiting for the gold medal matches and that was historic moment, and I sure not many saw it live cause it was early. By the evening news it was on all of the broadcasts.

Many people who forgot that TKD was an olympic sport, suddenly were talking TKD. Perhaps for the wrong reasons. But did Judo make headlines? Only in wrestling where the guy left his medal behind in protest, did they get much coverage. Athletes winning these events did not make much noise, it was in this human reaction that grabs attention, especially crossing the line.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 10:54am

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA
    There's no such thing as bad publicity. As long as they spell the name right!

If you need to look at things a bit differently, the Cuban gave TKD a boost in arm. Unless your country was in a medal match nobody was watching, TKD, Judo, or wrestling. I was watching the live TKD feed on TV at the time, waiting for the gold medal matches and that was historic moment, and I sure not many saw it live cause it was early. By the evening news it was on all of the broadcasts.

Many people who forgot that TKD was an olympic sport, suddenly were talking TKD. Perhaps for the wrong reasons. But did Judo make headlines? Only in wrestling where the guy left his medal behind in protest, did they get much coverage. Athletes winning these events did not make much noise, it was in this human reaction that grabs attention, especially crossing the line.

Maybe , I agree with some of what you say , but if you think about it this way , If I was a parent thinking about enrolling my child in a martial art I may be hesitant to enroll in a TKD .

But it is publicity I agree with you on that point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 12:11pm

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe , I agree with some of what you say , but if you think about it this way , If I was a parent thinking about enrolling my child in a martial art I may be hesitant to enroll in a TKD .
    Once less child in a TKD class is a positive.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In TKD they promise character development, self control, and discipline...
    ...BUT they also at the same time talked about righting wrongs, standing up for what is right, and using TKD to enact positive change for good in the universe.

Either the Cubans Matos' Um and Yang are out of sorts, or this is the start of a brave new world.

Officiating in TKD has been lousy, could it be that the elders of the kwans divinely appointed this to happen?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

But it is publicity I agree with you on that point.
    But can't this be said about baseball (steroid problems), basket ball (rape allegations), and football (dog fight scandal)? Regardless of how many bad things we see in any sports, parents will still let their kids get involoved.

I would agree that at least this incident got people talking about Taekwondo. Plus there were a lot of people actually cheering when the Cuban kicked the guy. A lot of people were upset with the piss poor judging going on.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram

I would agree that at least this incident got people talking about Taekwondo. Plus there were a lot of people actually cheering when the Cuban kicked the guy. A lot of people were upset with the piss poor judging going on.
    I cheered and laughed, then OMG! then was horrified that this was my reaction, then I went back to cheering and laughing. Wife thought I lost it, and that it was no big deal. Not until the Evening News, did she understand the gravity of the situation.

A lifetime WTF ban! Perhaps the ITF will take him in, just to anger their kissin cousins!

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 7:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-André
    I'm guessing Kazhakstan will make it into the 3rd place bout due to his country threatening China with a nuke. Cuba will fight him as the judges will be afraid of his big blackness and let him in.. One judge will not be afraid, he will DQ him and will get knocked out because of it. Cuba will from thereforward be labelled as "sucks at sportsmanship" by Bullshido. Oh and every one will laugh at the umpires facials when kicked.. lol.
    Andre,

This forum is not for post-tweens to come on, and spew out whatever they fancy as being witty and clever. You'll not win friends, respect or cred here doing that. This is not the LOL forum, now get out.

KO'd DOA

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-André
    Thanks for the vote of confidence KO, I'm not here to make friends or beg for your "respect and cred".

But didnt know that I could get banned for **** like that, first time posting in here. Thanks for the advice this time, won't happen again.

Andre..
    Takes a lot more than that to get banned, but even less to get ridiculed, mocked and never taken seriously on this list.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678