Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 4:05pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No *Slaps* No *Cookies* No *Errent108*- the Silent KMA Forum

TKD is featured at the upcoming olympics and yet there is scant activity in this forum regarding the top TKD tournament in the whole world. Of course Errant108 is not here, perhaps he is in Beijing in official (or unofficial shhh) business. That does not stop the rest of us Korean-o- philes from taking up the olympic torch and running with it.

At least for the next little while.

Therefore I am predicting that these games, being held in China, will show some awesome TKD. And stories with heart, like the Lopez family and their quest for gold!

The days are counting down, any predictions on how your country will do?

I predict standing in TKD

South Korea
    North Korea
    China
    USA
    Brazil

Any takers?

Okay, perhaps more action in a photo...

Now do I have your attention?

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take her....
    And we discussed tkd and lopez a little while ago.
    I am more concerned with the German team, hoping they will bring home some medals. Though I think besides Sümeyye , Daniel and Levent they have no real chance to win anything. Still, fingers crossed.
    I don't know, I would drop brazil and china and add maybe Turkey, Egypt or some of the other "African" countries (I haven't been following competition that close for some time now).

PS: Will N and S Korea start as one nation or separate?
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 6:26pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the reason is there isnt as much interest in TKD as there was in the first time TKD became a Olympic sport.

People like Juan Moreno ,Arlene Limas helped fill TaeKwondo dojangs up to the rafters , but since then you have had Gracie and BJJ and now MMA take over as more popular than the traditional Martial Arts.

This is just my own opinion , and not based on any scientific research .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 6:00am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I hate taekwondo in the olympics ( and the olympics for that matter), because 70% of the time it's just bounching around playing tag. Their desire (they're to cautious) to win ruins the fun of watching.

But I think Norway's Nina Solheim is getting at least a silver. Maybe a gold. But I also half expect her to be disqualified in the first match. She said she's going to Beijing with Muhammad Ali in mind, so I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect an uppercut to the face!
    I'd like to do that actually, qualify for the olympic team in taekwondo, only to punch my first opponent in the face immediatly after start!

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 6:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodland
    Personally I hate taekwondo in the olympics ( and the olympics for that matter), because 70% of the time it's just bounching around playing tag. Their desire (they're to cautious) to win ruins the fun of watching.

But I think Norway's Nina Solheim is getting at least a silver. Maybe a gold. But I also half expect her to be disqualified in the first match. She said she's going to Beijing with Muhammad Ali in mind, so I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect an uppercut to the face!
    I'd like to do that actually, qualify for the olympic team in taekwondo, only to punch my first opponent in the face immediatly after start!

actually , I laughed when I first read that , but seriously if you trained your ass off to make the olympic team , you would never just throw away your chance at a gold .

I met Al Oerta and the aura around him was amazing . for those who dont know he was a 4 time gold medalist , while he was the nicest guy , the fact he was an olympic champion made him almost godlike.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 7:15am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar
    actually , I laughed when I first read that , but seriously if you trained your ass off to make the olympic team , you would never just throw away your chance at a gold .

I met Al Oerta and the aura around him was amazing . for those who dont know he was a 4 time gold medalist , while he was the nicest guy , the fact he was an olympic champion made him almost godlike.
    Well it's not the same, but at my first tournament, the final match, I threw away my chance at the gold, and I did work my ass off. Why? Cause immediatly after the match started the idiot kicked a few centimetres above the hip, but still under the vest!( he actually got a negative point, and his coach looked smug as heck) Dunno what happened, I have been kicked harder, but I just fell straight down and needed to postpone the match for 20 seconds.
    I had trouble standing, but I was so pissed at the dude that I kicked him all over the place. The first kick landed on his ancle joint and he fell down. I then later push kicked him so hard he fell backwards towards his coach, the coach jumped out of her chair and the dude fell and hit his head lightly against the chairleg. It's too bad that head kicks were forbidden ( yeah, you read that right, FORBIDDEN), otherwise I'd have KTFOed him! And yes, I was kicking to hurt, not to score points.

Sorry, but you talking about working my ass off and then throwing my chance away gave me a flashback.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 7:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you don't throw just a right hock, way too easy.
    You fetch a kick, secure the take down and immediately transition for a kneebar... Or when they are going for that funny idea of a "clinch" you just go for a flying armbar/triangle/gogoplata. I tell you that would make some impact!
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 9:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are even supporters in the Olympic Judo Schedule thread in another forum...if a bit coy.

Nightowl: I too have been scurrying for any news on how to watch my beloved Judo. Heck, wrestling and boxing would be nice....(and maybe Olympic tkd, just sayin)
    (emphasis mine)

By the end of the olympics, if the TKD has some solid highlight reel fights, Nightowl will be proud of his support of olympic coverage of TKD on bullshido, and might take to referencing it in CAPITAL letters.

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    No, you don't throw just a right hock, way too easy.
    You fetch a kick, secure the take down and immediately transition for a kneebar... Or when they are going for that funny idea of a "clinch" you just go for a flying armbar/triangle/gogoplata. I tell you that would make some impact!
    Don't forget where you are? And are you on crack? The Olympics is about sportsmanship and (latent politics) and the one place where Nationalism is encouraged.

By your estimation, why not just bring in a pistol from that event under your hogu, I'm sure you would make an even bigger impact!

Keep the Judo in the Judo techniques in the proper forum plzthnks.:qleft2:

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodland
    Well it's not the same, but at my first tournament, the final match, I threw away my chance at the gold, and I did work my ass off. Why? Cause immediatly after the match started the idiot kicked a few centimetres above the hip, but still under the vest!( he actually got a negative point, and his coach looked smug as heck) Dunno what happened, I have been kicked harder, but I just fell straight down and needed to postpone the match for 20 seconds.
    I had trouble standing, but I was so pissed at the dude that I kicked him all over the place. The first kick landed on his ancle joint and he fell down. I then later push kicked him so hard he fell backwards towards his coach, the coach jumped out of her chair and the dude fell and hit his head lightly against the chairleg. It's too bad that head kicks were forbidden ( yeah, you read that right, FORBIDDEN), otherwise I'd have KTFOed him! And yes, I was kicking to hurt, not to score points.

Sorry, but you talking about working my ass off and then throwing my chance away gave me a flashback.

I hear ya , that type of **** goes on all the time , yeah he gets a neg point but you cant finish so you get disqualified. I dont blame you for trying to KTFO ,

Alot of cheating goes on , remember several years ago the Koreans rioted I think it was a boxing match in the Seoul Olympics , and a decision went against them. It was embarrasing.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast