Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is really seriously giving me a bad case of the eeew ... and I am thinking about going to a BJJ school in Austin when I move. Not helping :-)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by anza
    This thread is really seriously giving me a bad case of the eeew ... and I am thinking about going to a BJJ school in Austin when I move. Not helping :-)
    I'm up in Dallas so you won't have to be scared of running into me.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This topic has been the subject of a very serious discussion in the recent past.

Suffice it to say that flatulence-related techniques are not restricted to grappling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get gas while grappling or kicking high.

You've got to learn what your intestines like. As my mechanical engineer friend used to say, "always maximize your power/weight ratio before class."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2
    I get gas while grappling or kicking high.

You've got to learn what your intestines like. As my mechanical engineer friend used to say, "always maximize your power/weight ratio before class."
    It is nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2
    Or "You should arrive to class shitted and pissed".
    Things about Jits: How do Armbar 2.0

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you should not do Brokeback Mountain with your friend before class...

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP

"**** happens"

seriously grappling involves not just the tensing of your core but having someone else put pressure on you. When I pass guard I push on the guys diaphragm in your case this would be bad for me.

I don't know when you go to class, but you might want to change your diet before hand.

I go to mostly afternoon grappling classes (and for weight loss reasons) don't eat breakfasts or anything until after class.

I do take a BCAA supplement for energy and drink plenty of fluids a few hours before.

Maybe that would help.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    To the OP

"**** happens"

seriously grappling involves not just the tensing of your core but having someone else put pressure on you. When I pass guard I push on the guys diaphragm in your case this would be bad for me.

I don't know when you go to class, but you might want to change your diet before hand.

I go to mostly afternoon grappling classes (and for weight loss reasons) don't eat breakfasts or anything until after class.

I do take a BCAA supplement for energy and drink plenty of fluids a few hours before.

Maybe that would help.
    I take a evening grappling class. I only eat lunch atleast 5 hours before hand then I eat dinner when I get home from class. I'm going to try and change up my diet on grappling days.. maybe no meat for lunch or something like that.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have notorious gas. Nothing really helps, you can actually watch my gut extend from gas. I find that one thing that helps is not drinking carbonated beverages or though a straw.

However, I'm a gassy ************.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last