Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 2:33pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never get angry whilst training or sparring (It's only practice after all), but in a real fight I tend to go a bit apeshit, which, as jj77 said, gives my strikes a bit more kick, and helps me ignore pain, but when It's over I have the shakes and feel dizzy; and if I've taken a few good strikes in the melee they come back with a vengeance.

Of course, I rarely get to that stage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 2:15am

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a fight, I'm not angry until I'm close to finishing the other guy. At that point, I get super retard rage for absolutely no reason at all until they fall down and/or give up. I've noticed the same thing in training, I'll get really angry in the last 10 or so seconds of a conditioning drill and go as fast as my body will go. I've never made a conscious decision to do it, but it does make some sense.

Of course, it would probably make much more sense to just do things right rather than rely on that. Like when I was going for an RNC (in a fight, not training) and got my forearm barely under his neck at a weird angle, it probably would have been smarter to work it further in and apply the choke correctly...but of course, the 10 second rule kicks in and my inner tard goes "CRANK THAT **** LOL." Sat there forever, pulled a shoulder muscle, and was most likely holding my breath the entire time.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 2:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    In a fight, I'm not angry until I'm close to finishing the other guy. At that point, I get super retard rage for absolutely no reason at all until they fall down and/or give up. I've noticed the same thing in training, I'll get really angry in the last 10 or so seconds of a conditioning drill and go as fast as my body will go. I've never made a conscious decision to do it, but it does make some sense.
    I get the same way, now that you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    Of course, it would probably make much more sense to just do things right rather than rely on that. Like when I was going for an RNC (in a fight, not training) and got my forearm barely under his neck at a weird angle, it probably would have been smarter to work it further in and apply the choke correctly...but of course, the 10 second rule kicks in and my inner tard goes "CRANK THAT **** LOL." Sat there forever, pulled a shoulder muscle, and was most likely holding my breath the entire time.
    There is an interesting 'choke' from this position. Its more of you force their tongue over their airway, then actually choking them. Its completely not street-applicable, as it'll take forever to choke someone out, but in competition, people freak from not being able to breath and either spaz and give you the full RNC, or tap.

feel your throat. Go up to there it meets the bottom part of your jaw (the squishy part) Basically push (well, i guess it'll be pull) up.

Its a bit more complicated then that, but you get the idea...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 2:41am

Style: Confused variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me the word "angry" suggests out of control.
    I find pain strongly motivates me, but I dont get angry.

Just a thin line between "motivated", "switched on", "lit up" etc and angry.

I would rather fight an angry person, as in general they are also stupid, overcommitt, try to push home stupid attacks, much like drunk people.

I think everybody likes to think they will become invinsible when they are angry, but I wonder if its a bit of a "safety blanket"??

Having said that, I have trained myself to respond to pain with extra "motivation"

It is a fine line?

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 2:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely positively beserk if I feel I/somebody else is threatened.
    Otherwise not at all.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 3:53am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually find Im too calm when i Roll/Spar (I'm just not that competitive -when its just training).

When I manage to psych myself up a little i tend to perform much better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 2:09pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strangely enough while i've never gotten angry while sparring or training, i once went completely round the bend when i was at the climbing gym.
    I had just dropped from the same spot from the nth time. I backed off, took a sip of water, saw that i'd torn the skin on my hands.
    Without any other sensible reason i cursed aloud, took a runup to the wall and went up the problem like a growling, cursing gila lizard jacked full of speed and testosterone.
    I was halfway home before i realized i had torn of a good clump of skin off my hands, and sprained a thumb.

Climbing is a fun, relaxing hobby for the whole family

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 3:26pm

Style: Catch as Catch Can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im try to keep anger out of my fighting. I try to keep a thinking calm head, much like fedor or sukuraba. With that said I have noticed that when I do get angry(from being rocked in the back of the head or whatever) I head hunt like a mother fucker, come straight in, my straights seem land a lot harder, and I go for the clinch and dirty boxing. If i come out of the anger and havent finished them, im feeling the pain of leg kicks and hooks.

Now I will say when grappling, being mad seems to help me sometimes. It forces me to be vary aggressive. I seem to be a lot more rough and strong when angry, but burns up my muscles fast. I dont really get mad when grappling unless im grappling with someone who is a cocky dick that I dont like and they get the best of me.

I just really dont get angry when fighting, especially when sparing. I usally try to get other people angry-ish at me. Im a big leg kicker, and a base kicker. I always try to kill someones hart when I fight them (because it makes fighting them easyer). Good fighters get pissed before their spirt gets killed, but good fighters with a ton of hart, dont get pissed or stay angry. - at lest in my experience

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 4:38pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a guy I train with, nice bloke. But when he cops a nice hit from someone else, he tends to lose it.

The frst few times I experienced this it made me back off, however after those first few times I noticed that every time he did that he'd gas himself out and also leave himself wide open to even better hits.

So now days it will go more like:

*good hit*

/guy starts going crazy and runs in

*better hit*

/guy backs off and starts calming down

He's a good fighter but just needs to keep his head.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234