218280 Bullies, 8116 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Czar

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How much difference when your angry?

Personally, I'm a pushover kickboxing...all gangly legs and arms...but when I'm pissed...I'm pretty dangerous, and my retard strength kicks in.

How much difference does it make to you? And what gets you the most pissed? I get the worst when someone torpedoes my show....wherever it may be....just burns me up.

p.s. yeah Lebell, I know, I know....don't let some fool step on ur clogs, or it's on.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 7:30pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny I actually have a hard time sparring(kick boxing)without getting a little pissed off inside. However its just the opposite when grappling. Leg kicks piss me right the f@ck off.

Has entered Barovia...

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 7:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wouldn't like to see me angry...

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 7:45pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always find that when I wrestle while angry, I use up energy too quickly. And that's what it boils down to. The short term investment of using up all my energy at once just to get myself angry enough to make any appreciable difference in my effective strength never seems to pay off for me.

I usually find myself better off waiting around for an oppertunity to use my strength optimally.
    Case and point...

YouTube - Tough Match

The guy was stronger than I was, and my original plan to try throwing him to his back didn't go over well as you can see. The only reason I was able to win in the end was because he gassed out towards the end, and I still had a little energy left in my tank that i was able to use when it mattered.

If I had taken the approach of trying to get myself angry just to temporarily get a boost in strength from the adrenaline rush, I probably would have ended up losing.

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 7:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When im angry I would say i am significantly stronger, faster and i can take more punishment... I think it happens to everyone. Unfortunately it also limits my ability to think clearly and i take stupid chances, i forget to keep my hands up, i swing wildly... and that's a great way to get KTFO. I try to keep emotion out of it, or under control until im in a dominant position. Hell if you make it to mount... hulk out and swing away.

edit: oh for what pisses me off.. when someone tries to low blow me or "accidently poke me in the eye"... something like that. Thats a great way to encourage me to hold on to the RNC an extra second or two... and its gonna be hella tighter.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 11:42pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usualy dont' lose my composure. When I get angry I still think straight, but I am more cruel as to what I do to somebody/on the street/. I never get angry at a person I train with, just no point to it.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 12:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight." - Yoda

Last edited by Neildo; 8/06/2008 12:11am at .
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 12:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't roll for **** when I'm angry. Learning that relaxing while rolling = much more success was a pretty important turning point for me, actually. I couldn't say it would work the same for me in striking practice; I'm way too much of a noob at it to have gotten pissed.

Just to take a wild guess at the reasons, I'd say maybe your mind pares down the number of options you can call up from memory when it becomes stressed so our ancestors could call up a simple response like running?

Achievements:

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 12:47am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight." - Yoda

yeah what he said

Bassline to the Mainline

Achievements:

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 12:52am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my life I have always done poorly while fighting very angry and very drunk.

Now every time I have been put in a situation were the fear of god was put into me....I will light you up like a Christmas tree then knock you the **** out like a power outage. Fear is natures way of getting man out of a jam, and cowardice is it's way of avoiding one. Courage and bravery are both byproducts of fear.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast