Page 2 of 24 First 12345612 ... Last
    Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noodlepower,
    PM me a bit in advance and let me know when you might be around. I can just imagine telling Tim or Nick or Steve when you walk in and call yourself Noodlepower, "Uh, this is someone I know from t3h Interweb..."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Style
    jits with hits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in Berkeley. I'll be free after the 16th until whenever I leave town, which will be sometime between then and Christmas. A McThrowdown would be cool, even though I lack all knowledge of the striking arts and after my visit to Ralph Gracie JJ this afternoon I feel signficantly less confident in my knowledge of TEH GR4PPL3. But, you know, someone's gotta lose.

As for the moustache, I feel that a public internet form may not be the optimal medium for a discussion of the legitimacy of my government identification.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me know and my noob self may try and make it for a bit. Over course out here in the winter lands to which I've moved we have to worry about things like snow over the pass. Good weather the drives only about 3 hours though. 7 hour round trip, workout a few hours, back in time for dinner.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Noodlepower,
    PM me a bit in advance and let me know when you might be around. I can just imagine telling Tim or Nick or Steve when you walk in and call yourself Noodlepower, "Uh, this is someone I know from t3h Interweb..."
    haha ok. thanks.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey bunyip you went to the RGBJJ in san fran??? how'd you like it? i go to the one in mountain view.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Style
    jits with hits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned a new sweep and a new escape, both of which I like a lot, then got my ass kicked for 45 minutes by a bunch of white belts. My face still hurts from the matburn. It was great.

But I doubt I'll be able to handle the hour commute each way on a regular basis. I wish the Berkeley academy would hurry up and open...
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm originally from the Oakland, Ca area and do get back to visit family from time to time. I expect to be there in March for about a week, so if you guys have a friendly place to come work out at (for a mat fee -- that's no problem), or even if it's something I don't practice and could try and hang for a class, anything would be cool. I'm at least going to visit my old aikido school, but would definitely be down for something a bit more combative.

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could arrange for Norcal McThrowdown to be held somewhere on the campus of UC Davis in March. Anybody have a serious problem with that?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    march sounds good for now! i'll go and get my ass beat a bit.
    -Albert Einstein

Style
    i
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate March and I hate UC Davis.

Page 2 of 24 First 12345612 ... Last