224939 Bullies, 3862 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/31/2008 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day dude! You should be having low GI Carbs in the morning to drip feed you energy throughout the day.

Porridge is a perfect example. Add in some Peanut Butter and you've got Protein and Fat in there too!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easiest way to get a clean meal with protein and vitamins and no shitty carbs if your work schedule forces you to eat out is to order a small steak with no sauce, and a salad, hold the fries.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chicken salads without creamy dressings are also your friend.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 4:34pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually cook up a big thing of meat sauce (ground turkey or lean ground beef and some organic pasta sauce) and a big thing of whole wheat pasta. That'll last me 3-4 days. Or I cook up a bunch of chicken breasts that I can portion out for salads. I usually do this kind of cooking on Sunday nights and I don't have to worry about finding the time or energy to cook after working out or if I work late. Just plan ahead next time your grocery shopping and you can make your life a little easier.

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 6:27pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I do...I can't be afforded to pack meals in advance, so long ago I resorted to canabalism, which is quite convenient actually.

I get hungry, I just bite someone on the arm, chew, and swallow. That's all the lean protein you need. Carry around a bottle of barbeque sauce in your pocket and you'll be hunky dory.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 1:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes canabalism FTW. Awnser to all my problems.

Now Ive switched my diet to every 2-3 hours and I honestly feel a whole lot better. But I feel heavier. What on average is average cailore servering per meal. I like to grab those protein bars once a day for a meal and mix it in with some fruit and something from subway for the day.

This morning I was on the scale and I was 234lbs and 25.7 percent body fat.

My body fat was down but my weight was up. Last week I was 229lbs and 27.5 body fat and that was at night time.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 2:06pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be warned, the impedence measurements that those scales use are horribly inaccurate. Your percenatge can vary 5% from reading to reading based on hydration, sweat, etc.

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 2:08pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, but have you ever seen a fist THIS BIG?!
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Be warned, the impedence measurements that those scales use are horribly inaccurate. Your percenatge can vary 5% from reading to reading based on hydration, sweat, etc.
    ^^^^^Word.

Acid, don't rely on those scales for bodyweight composition. Also, don't worry too much about calories per meal. In general, a snack would be about 200 to 300 calories, and a meal could be between 450 up to 550 (600 for very, very big dudes, and 400 for tiny ladies.)

A good rule of thumb is to eat an amount that fits in both cupped hands at most, with a snack being something that fits in one hand (as mentioned in the sticky). Obviously, this has caveats. Enough brocolli to fill your cupped hands will not be the same as the same volume super-refried chicken mcnuggets. However, as you get familiar with your diet, you'll start balancing things out with greens, carbs, proteins and fats, thus making this rule of thumb more accurate.

You can also compute, if you wish, how much calories you need : the formulas and tables are on the first linked post on the nutrition link. It's very cumbersome, but you should try just to get the idea of it.

The best, however, to gauge your gains or loses is to monitor changes on BOTH your body weight AND your waist size.

• If your body weight remains the same:
      • if your waist size increases: you are very likely losing muscle and gaining fat
      • if your waist size stays the same: impossible to say for certain what changes are taking place w/o further measurements.
      • if your waist size decreases: you are losing body fat (or reducing your water retention), but you are gaining muscle.
    • If your body weight increases:
      • if your waist size increases: impossible to say for certain
      • if your waist size remains the same: you are *likely* gaining muscle and losing body fat (and/or reducing your water retention.)
      • if your waist size decreases: you are *most likely* gaining muscle and for certain, losing body fat.
    • If your body weight decreases:
      • if your waist size increases: you are in deep ****, you are losing muscle and gaining body fat like crazy.
      • if your waist size remains the same: you are *likely* gaining muscle and losing body fat (and/or reducing your water retention.)
      • if your waist size decreases: hard to tell what's going on dude.

The above are just rules of thumb, observations based on anecdotal evidence/experience (plus not-so-far-out guesstimates pulled out of my ass to be honest, but which I think are pretty reasonable.) Now, don't fret from little daily fluctuations. A big dump and body water (or lack thereof) can make your weight fluctuate by several pounds from one day to the next.

Take your measurements everyday in the morning on an empty stomach - poop and pee before if possible. Then on every Saturday, take the average. Then, compare that average to the last 4 averages (that is, compare it against your past month history). Then notice if there are any consistent changes, and use the rules of thumb just mentioned to get an idea of how you are doing.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Off topic:

El Macho, you got any plans for your birthday!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast