Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    Yeah that link would be good read.
    That link is the sticky. I told you to read it.

Im not to big on the caring what I eat.
    Then there is no reason to waste time figuring out if there are good supplements for you. Buying supplements on top of a shitty diet is like painting your car anew without ever changing the oil.

Reason, I work 6-7 days a week, for 10-12 hours a day running a business.
    Not to be an ass, but there is people working like that who have a good diet. It is your prerrogative, it is your right to choose your priorities. But this is not a reason. Sorry.

When Im hungry
    As you have seen in the sticky thread (you have read the sticky thread, right?), you don't allow yourself to be hungry. You eat regularly, and you plan ahead.

I want something right at that minute.
    It's called planning. Prepare your foods before hand, shop smart. You prepare your food or know exactly where to get good food to go, then you can have as soon as you need it.

And when Im driving around, its usally the first thing that I see.
    It's called discipline. I eat out at times when I don't get time to make and take my own food. I can walk to the cafeteria in less than 2 minutes and eat whatever is there, or I can drive 10 minutes to subways if there is nothing of quality in the cafeteria.

I rather drive a total of 20 minutes back and forth and buy several subs cut in pieces that will serve me as 2-3 meals for the rest of the day. Just because I'm hungry, I'm not going to reach out and pull a discarded, chewed-up cheeseburger out of the first garbage dumbster I see... and this is basically what we do if we just go out and grab the first junk we find.

There will be days in which I cannot get out of office, and I have to grab whatever it's available in the cafeteria. But if I find myself that I cannot get out at all, then it's just pure scheduling and planning failure from my part. Lack of planning and scheduling in preparing my food, and lack of planning and scheduling with my work.

It's all about priorities. I'm not going to tell you how you run your life.

But I won't lie to you. I will tell you straight up that your diet is shitty, you currently do not have the disposition to make changes in your diet, and as a result, any investment you make on supplements will most likely be a waste of time and money, and will never deliver any results to your satisfaction.

As Jhemsley and adouglasmhor said, exploring what supplements to use (and buying them) it won't make a rat's ass of a difference.

You gotta make the time to educate yourself and plan your diet accordingly. These things are not optional, and you need to make the appropriate changes, if you honestly want to see those supplements work.

There is nothing much to really say besides this. This is why I closed the thread and gave you time to read the sticky threads. All that information is already layed out, the information, the steps, the processes by which one implements the changes, etc, etc.

Go read the sticky. Take the time to do so. Then, come back and ask questions pertinent on how to implement the changes suggested in the sticky thread.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 8/12/2008 11:22am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:44am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Go read the sticky. Take the time to do so. Then, come back and ask questions pertinent on how to implement the changes suggested in the sticky thread, beyotch.
    Corrected.

Ooooooh- you just got served. (Do people really say that?)

Seriously, acid- Follow this man's advice, and put the time and effort into this if it really matters to you.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:47am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also skip salt period, worst period of the day if you ask me
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 12:35pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Buying supplements on top of a shitty diet is like painting your car anew without ever changing the oil.
    I actually started putting in the EXACT SAME ANALOGY in my post, then decided it just wasn't worth the effort. I must have read it from you before, or someone else on the thread.

FYI for the first poster, I have not taken any supplements for about 4 months. I've found if I'm not lifting heavy 3 - 5 times a week, they just don't help me beyond what healthy eating does, and I currently don't have time to lift 3 - 5 days a week with BJJ, work, GF, and family.

So I went off supplements, and to continue to lose weight (down 60 pounds in 18 months) and just focused on doing BJJ, body weight excercises, and most importantly, eat right. I 'm still losing weight, and by thise time next year, I'll be 34 years old and weigh less than I did in high school, when I was a pretty good athelete.

Teh El Macho is right, its about priorities and choices. There are many methods of excercise and supplements that help lose weight, none will compensate for a poor diet.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's nothing new I can add here so I'll reiterate what's said:

If you don't care about your diet and live on **** then supplements are completely pointless. I would also recommend researching the long term effects of junk food on your body.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is one of the side effects of junk food double posting?
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 6:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that's a side effect of staying up too late
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 6:59pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I luv chocolate muscle milk! I mix it with plain yogurt in the morning after my workout, either running or body weight exercises, and it "eats" just like chocolate pudding! If I smoked myself too hard to eat, then I just drink it down with milk or powdered milk. Sometimes I take it to work in a baggy with powdered milk so I don't jones for the real chocolate they keep available 24/7 in my office! Maybe I should start a thread on "Muscle Milk Recipes"!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in my defence here, It seems that you guys have got the impression that all I eat is junk food.

Well my diet isnt thaat healthy, correct, but what and how would you suggest that I can accomplish this.

Ill read some more stickey threads in a bit, but just wanted to offer some thanks for all the posting. I had no idea how worthless suppliments were with out eating right.

When I first started out into my own, I used to eat rice and vegtables three times a day, and take vitamins to replenish what ever nutrients I had missed. And thats the way I keep it up.

But also, when I ever I skip a multivitamin for a week or so, I feel like crap. And when I take 1 after a week or so, I always feel better.

Also, I have been hitting up Subway alot since I first started posting this thread. You cant beat those 5 dollar subs.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcraker
    Well my diet isnt thaat healthy, correct, but what and how would you suggest that I can accomplish this.
    Well, the first step is implementing what's called portion control. This is discussed in detail (yep), in the sticky.

When you go to the sticky thread, go to the "nutrition and supplementation" thread. From there, check the "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs & Protein Prejudice " by John Berardi. Print that one out and read it.

Simultaneously, you need to figure out your approximate ideal weight according to your height. For that, on the same "nutrition and supplementation" thread, you will notice that there is a link preceded by a paragraph that says Well, since a lot of people keep asking the same questions about how much calories to eat, how much is too much protein, how much they should weight and what not, start by reading this post below, and then the threads that follow. Check that link/post and, in the chart, check your ideal weight by height and frame (whether you are small, medium or large frame.)

Those two things will get you started. There is no way to implement a radical nutrition change. The way to do it is to do it gradually. The two recommended links I just mention will provide you with the necessary information to get started.

Let us know if you have any questions on those two links.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast