Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 8:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading the first post in that thread, I have to say that i am not to intrested in something that makes me hungrier.

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 9:04am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the hell not?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker

I stay away from salt period.

Thats about it. I usally eat a mixture of Chinese food, Subway, and Pizza Shops.
    I don't think you meant this to be funny. But these two things, the one right after the other, are very funny.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 11:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, thats why I stay away from salt products, cause chinese food and pizza shops are loaded with them.

Subway on the other hand isnt so bad.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 11:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Why the hell not?
    Cause Id rather stare at cucie on a bike

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you need to sort out your diet pronto, seriously. The type of foods you have mentioned (junk food) I will have for 1 cheat meal a week. You also need to split your meals over 6-7 smaller meals rather than 3 large ones. I'm on my blackberry so I can't find the link to macho's post about the 7 laws of eating but maybe someone could post it for you, it'll change the way you think about food.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 8:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that link would be good read.

Im not to big on the caring what I eat. Reason, I work 6-7 days a week, for 10-12 hours a day running a business. When Im hungry I want something right at that minute. And when Im driving around, its usally the first thing that I see.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 9:08am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    Yeah that link would be good read.

Im not to big on the caring what I eat. Reason, I work 6-7 days a week, for 10-12 hours a day running a business. When Im hungry I want something right at that minute. And when Im driving around, its usally the first thing that I see.
    Well I seriously wouldn't think that anything else is going to make a difference till you sort your diet out. Really wont make a monkey's **** of a difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 10:07am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    Well I seriously wouldn't think that anything else is going to make a difference till you sort your diet out. Really wont make a monkey's **** of a difference.
    What he said.

Supplements and powders are valuable in supplementing a HEALTHY DIET, not a resturant based crappy one.

If you don't have the time to eat right, you don't have the time to get in shape. All the money spent on supplements and our time spent giving you advice on which supplements are a waste if that's your attitude and approach.

Everyone who eats right and excerises can get in shape without taking supplements. People who eat the way you describe can't get in shape, regardless of excercise and supplements. Supplements are a way of making goals easier, diet determines if those goals can be hit at all.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Changing the thread title from "Protein Boosters that don't make you fat" to "Should I take Protein Supplements?" for the following reasons:

# 1: There is no such thing as a "protein booster".

# 2: Supplements in general, and protein supplements in particular do not make you fat. Poor diet does. More precisely, poor diets that give you a caloric surplus beyond what you need to support your physical activity (or lack thereof.) This is documented in the sticky thread.

# 3: The thread title is changed into a question, because that's what this is all about: should the OP (acidcracker) use protein supplements given his current diet, physical activity levels and fitness/sport-oriented objectives.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast