Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 11:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Should I take Protein Supplements?

Hey guys, I train regularly, and im looking for something that will increase muscel growth, but not by adding all the fat crap that you find in over the counter protein bars or in muscel milk. I dont like that stuff. It has a tendency to make me gain weight.

Im not looking for anything like createn either, after awhile that stuff made me fat and blooted all the time, not a good thing to be.

Also looking for stuff to increase stamina during the course of the day.

Thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 6:36am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear a good supplement to gaining muscle mass is lifting heavy weights over your head repeatedly, three times a week. Some people tell me that running every day helps with your stamina.

There is no supplement to hard work.

Edit: Don't want to appear like I'm trolling. Take your standard protein powder with water instead of milk to reduce fat content.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 7:14am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    Hey guys, I train regularly, and im looking for something that will increase muscel growth
    1. Read the forum sticky (this has already been answered ad nauseum.)

2. Learn to spell. No I'm not joking.

but not by adding all the fat crap that you find in over the counter protein bars or in muscel milk.
    Sorry dude, but you don't know what you are talking about (which is fine), but you are using your ignorance to make some serious errors in judgements.

Again, read the sticky thread.

I dont like that stuff. It has a tendency to make me gain weight.
    Because you don't know how to use it, and you are not training properly.

Again, read the sticky thread.

Im not looking for anything like createn either, after awhile that stuff made me fat and blooted all the time, not a good thing to be.
    It's not createn, it's creatine. Seriously, take the time to spell things (this rule of posting is also discussed in the sticky.)

Once more, read the sticky, specially the nutrition and strength training sections.

Also looking for stuff to increase stamina during the course of the day.
    That's also discussed in the sticky threads.

Thread closed for the next 72 hours. In the meantime, read the sticky thread, so that when this thread is opened, you can post better questions.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 9:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread re-opened.

acidcrakker, maybe you have read the sticky threads already. Maybe you are in the middle of doing so. Maybe you have not yet. Maybe you never will. How it goes from here is up to you.

For all other PT readers, feel free to pitch in a manner you think will help this person (assuming he does the due diligence expected from all posters of this forum.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    recently I weighed in @ 199 !!!

Down from 215ish

(of course that was after an afternoon BJJ class in sweltering heat and i didn't eat anything before hand )

But still 199 !!! Whoo Hooo

and to the OP

The right suplements and that fits with when you train and how you train will make a world of difference.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steak. I recommend steak. It has a lot of protein and can be used to both gain muscle and lose fat! It is a miracle!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 12:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So after reading through some of the sticky notes, I decided to pick up the following..

L-Glutamine to replenise myself after my aggressive morning work outs.
    A B complex to help with fatige
    Zinc I forgot why I got that
    Rhodiola rosea to help with my mood(Bought that before asking this question originally)
    And a Bcca stack

Now I havent taken the BCCA stack because I think its the same as the Glutamine. After reading that taking the Vitiamin C an hour or 2 before working out, I started taking the Vitiamin C like that, and I just felt better during and after the work out.

As for the other vitiamins and other stuff I picked up, Im wondering if there is a better way to take them correctly.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 6:01am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whey protein + milk. That's all you need, if you ask me.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 2:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So after reading through some of the sticky notes, I decided to pick up the following..

L-Glutamine to replenise myself after my aggressive morning work outs.
    A B complex to help with fatige
    Zinc I forgot why I got that
    Rhodiola rosea to help with my mood(Bought that before asking this question originally)
    And a Bcca stack

Now I havent taken the BCCA stack because I think its the same as the Glutamine. After reading that taking the Vitiamin C an hour or 2 before working out, I started taking the Vitiamin C like that, and I just felt better during and after the work out.

As for the other vitiamins and other stuff I picked up, Im wondering if there is a better way to take them correctly.
    Hmmm, Why? Why do you think so?

Not that I'm questioning your selection of glutamine over BCAAs (when one can only purchase one or the other, I'd put my money on glutamine first.) However, they aren't the same.

Regarding the B-complex, how do you plan to take it? Did you look at the "Tactical Nutrition" sticky thread? And how do you compose your diet? Suplements don't do anything unless the diet is right.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 8:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Ill check that thread out in a little bit.

My diet is very conserative.

Light Breakfast
    Big Lunch(or little lunch depending on if Im hungry)
    Big Dinner (or little dinner depending if I ate a big lunch)

I stay away from salt period.

Thats about it. I usally eat a mixture of Chinese food, Subway, and Pizza Shops.
    Not the healthest in the world, but Im always working and need something fast.
    Breakfast I always cook. Its usally Eggs, Toast, and sasuage, or one big pancake.

My training is always after breakfast. It last about 40 mins long, but its sweating the whole time.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast