Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 12:29pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    i see it has a pretty serious point. i do however have some doubt as to how much the blade would flex if you were to stab something. how flexible is that stuff really?

Well they're real flexible, the longer ones especially seem pretty bendy. The shorter ones feel much sturdier.

They all have a pretty wicked point, like right now they're completely dull but the point is still like a needle. I have some doubts about the longer ones thrusting ability except maybe against like thin clothes or bare skin (aim for the face!) but the shorter ones seem like they could ruin your day through decently thick clothing but they're all obviously more designed towards cutting, they're like machette thin, if not a little thinner.

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    middle sized one which is like 29 inches i believe. The two longest ones seem to get hung up on the draw a little bit. I don't really know why but there isn't much space for the sword between the brackets and the belt, as I insert the swords I can feel that after a certain point they don't slide in as easily. It might loosen up a bit with time or if I tried different brackets or something.
    are the brackets spaced like they are in the picture? they're pretty close together, maybe for the longer ones you need to sorta space em out differently. take a few out or something so there's less friction.
    :new_all_c

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah they're spaced like they are in the picture, I might consider redoing them and taking some out, you don't really need very many it seems.

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 1:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Maybe even a video.
    The website seems to suggest that best results will be achieved wearing bikini bottoms while shirtless. I know you like to thorough about these things!
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:08pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does it come sharpened?

How much did your package cost anna?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Nothing up my sleeves...PRESTO, A SWORD.

They don't come sharpened, I think the whole kit was like 210 bucks+ shipping for 5 swords and the belt and stuff.

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn thats a quick draw.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not bad for the second day playing with the things. I fucked it up a couple times because I was trying to be as fast as I could but it gives an idea of the potential.

That was the 24 incher, when I get some time I'll do a demo of the others which are 27, 29, 31, and 33 inches respectively.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 8/09/2008 2:36pm at .

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 3:54pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats pretty fucking fast. If someone tried to mug or **** with you I bet you could turn the tables pretty damn fast.

Don't mind the questions, since you picked one up that made you the subject matter expert :)

Saftey wise. If someone sharpened the blade what's the odds of them sliding up their other forearm (with a shitty draw) or otherwise cutting themselves.
    It looks like if someone could probably quite easily cut from their elbow to their wrist if they don't keep their opposite arm active and out of the way.

Looks wise, if you saw someone wearing the belt does it look odd? Would it set off alarm bells from a cop or security guard?

Comfort wise how does it feel as a belt? If you wore it for a while would it be uncomfortable on your hips or chafe?

If you wore it for a couple of hours do you think the sword would keep it's bent shape when you pulled it out? Like would it flop over on you or does it seem like the metal would keep it's shape dispite being around your hips for a while?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark

Saftey wise. If someone sharpened the blade what's the odds of them sliding up their other forearm (with a shitty draw) or otherwise cutting themselves.
    Drawing is pretty intuitive, I have a fair amount of bladed weapon experience and this feels pretty similar to drawing a normal weapon I don't think that cutting yourself is extremely likely but people seem to figure out how to injure themselves very creatively, so who knows?

Practice practice practice.

Looks wise, if you saw someone wearing the belt does it look odd? Would it set off alarm bells from a cop or security guard?
    I don't think so. It's pretty standard looking, there are little mostly unnoticeable oddities to it (ie the handle of the sword pushes the belt out a little bit, but not much) how noticeable it will be is probably going to depend on how you're wearing the thing which will depend on which sword you have loaded, where you wear your belt, and how you're shaped. I'm not real big in the waist and it kind of sits on my hips instead of cinching completely to me.

Comfort wise how does it feel as a belt? If you wore it for a while would it be uncomfortable on your hips or chafe?
    I just wore it out and about to buy some furniture, probably had it on for 2 hours. It's pretty out of your way, isn't really uncomfortable at all.

If you wore it for a couple of hours do you think the sword would keep it's bent shape when you pulled it out? Like would it flop over on you or does it seem like the metal would keep it's shape dispite being around your hips for a while?
    So far so good.

Edit: The above was all posted by Anna "to dumb to change log ins" Trocity.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 8/09/2008 5:56pm at .
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast