Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 9:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to say it, but it seems like they did a solid job with this. Kat I look forward to your thoughts.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    So the maker actually called me today to thank me for my order and said he's going to send me an extra sword with it because I got the 5 sword package. So I'll have 6 of them of various lengths. I figure that by varying which one you carry you can probably minimize bend from extended usage, if it even presents itself as a problem which it may or may not depending on the steel thickness and style of heat treatment.

Don't know when I'll get them exactly but I'll post my thoughts here.
    Are you planning on doing any cut tests when you get them?
    I'm also very curious as to how quickly and efficiently the belt sword draws.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 12:38am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Are you planning on doing any cut tests when you get them?
    Probably, well, once they're sharpened. I don't expect them to really wow in the cutting department because I'm used to pretty serious cutting tools, but maybe they'll surprise me. As is, i'm seeing something that could really seriously slice someone up but probably wouldn't bite more then a bit into the bone. Just speculation.

I'm also very curious as to how quickly and efficiently the belt sword draws.
    Will find out.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 1:29am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wow, if I were still 12 this would be the coolest thing ever.

As I am 26.... this is still pretty flipping sweet!

Kat, test the **** out of it; do like R. Lee Ermy and take on the visious watermelons. Put the videos up in your youtube channel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 10:29am

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ohhhhh IIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is definately zombie invasion material (albeit a tad more covert).

I wonder how the shorter versions would behave with a punto lungo? And, could they double as extemporaneous musical instruments like a saw...the possibilities!

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/08/2008 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a little lady

I"VE GOT A KNIFE.

Actually I've got 5 of them. My little package arrived today. Anyone who pursued the website at all knows that basically what you get is a "build your own" kit with all the pieces you need. I'm not a very handy person so making things isn't really something I've ever been good at. Luckily this was a pretty easy project.

You get:

The sword blades, very thin and flexible peices of steel, how many you get depends on the package.

The belt, standard heavy duty leather belt with double sets of holes punched through part of it for fasting the "containment clips" which is basically the sheath

The clips: little brackety things that you attach to the belt with the screws.

and paracord to wrap the handles to your liking.

And also instructions.

Assembly is pretty easy, Basically you wrap the handles with black ducttape to your liking, and then wrap it with paracord to give it some substance and a decent grip.

Now you've got your sword.

Then you take the clips, slide some of them on the belt (how many you want/need is going to vary but you wont need all that come with it)

Then you affix them with screws to the belt according to how your shaped like so:

and voila, you're now ready to go ninja....at least with a dull sword.

So far I've wrapped the handle of the shortest one (24 inches) and tested the draw and deployment is pretty damn fast like almost as fast as you could pull normal sword out of a normal sheath.

Shown in comparison to all the swords is my wakizashi which is like 26 inches overall and a horrible katana like sword I won at NAGA thats like 40 inches overall.

more later. Maybe even a video.

I'm going to go wrap the rest

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i see it has a pretty serious point. i do however have some doubt as to how much the blade would flex if you were to stab something. how flexible is that stuff really?
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 5:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kiokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, before I say anything, Nic at 4fighters. eu is outstanding with customer service. He was friendly and very helpful during the ordering and shipping process. My check got lost in the mail (or rather I forgot to put a stamp, stupid me) and I needed the gear before my first sparring class for Muay Thai. He sends me the gear trusting that the check will come in. What a guy. If thats not dedication to customer satsifaction, I dont know what is.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 7:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anna - juding from the belt you got, would changing out the buckle on the sword belt in anyway impede drawing the sword?
    Because I feel like if I got one of these, nerd law would require me to put a bigass dragon head or jolly roger belt buckle on it.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Anna - juding from the belt you got, would changing out the buckle on the sword belt in anyway impede drawing the sword?
    Because I feel like if I got one of these, nerd law would require me to put a bigass dragon head or jolly roger belt buckle on it.
    I don't think so but it proabably depends on where the handle is in relation to the buckle. I'm going to try and get some video today of the thing on the draw.

I feel pretty quick with everything up to the middle sized one which is like 29 inches i believe. The two longest ones seem to get hung up on the draw a little bit. I don't really know why but there isn't much space for the sword between the brackets and the belt, as I insert the swords I can feel that after a certain point they don't slide in as easily. It might loosen up a bit with time or if I tried different brackets or something.

The shorter ones though (especially the 24 incher) is like a magic trick. I can definitely see surprising people with that one an really all of them up to the middle one.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 8/09/2008 12:32pm at .
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast